updating or sync shortcut locations

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sportkiraly

updating or sync shortcut locations

Post by *sportkiraly »

I am trying to find a way (if there is) to sync or update the locations of my shortcuts. I have different network directories and we have changed their locations to a bigger server but I had quit some shortcuts linked to the different things on the different network locations and now after the move I can't use the shortcuts as the network directory has been moved. Can I somehow update or sync all my shortcut files at one go? I really don't want to spend my day on redirecting my 180-200 shortcuts one by one. :cry:
Thank you! Any help is appreciated.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Re: updating or sync shortcut locations

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Are you talking about shortcuts at TC (buttonbar, directory hotlist, ...) or at Windows (shortcut at desktop, ...) ?
#5767 Personal license
sportkiraly

Post by *sportkiraly »

Sorry. I meant the normal Windows shortcuts. I had to cross reference (create shortcuts) some files from the different network places to make the access more easier for people. I am using also the Indesign program for typesetting and there if I update one link location the rest gets updated automatically (normally). I know this is a total different program and so on but I was wondering if there is anything in TC which I might have missed to handle my shortcuts. Thanks.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

With TC you can edit the windows shortcuts only one by one, but try ShortcutsSearchAndReplace
#5767 Personal license
sportkiraly

Post by *sportkiraly »

Thank you!! Your link just worked well (ShortcutsSearchAndReplace). This save me some hours. Thanks again.