Now that I've got uLister working...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Andante

Now that I've got uLister working...

Post by *Andante »

What key can I press to see a file's original source?

I went in to WIndows Explorer, but can't find a way to see inside a file. I also went into TC's options, but it looks like I can only delete a viewer, not temporarily disable it.

I wish there were a way I could turn uLister on and off at will.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Now that I've got uLister working...

Post by *Dalai »

Please take a closer look at Lister's Options menu. There you can change the view mode, including Text mode (which is the "original source" you probably meant), Hex and Multimedia (which switches to any plugins).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Andante wrote: 2018-10-10, 21:48 UTC I wish there were a way I could turn uLister on and off at will.
In Lister, just press the '4'-key on your keyboard to switch plugins or view modes.
If there is nothing to switch, you may need to install more plugins, or try keys '1', 2 ,... see Options menu in Lister what that means.

Andante

Post by *Andante »

Thanks, Dalai and Stefan! I tried some keys earlier, but must have pressed the wrong ones.

This helps a lot when uLister is showing me a file that is missing its extension, and I need to figure out what program it came from! :-P

(Unfortunately, there still are times when uLister is able to decipher a file with an extension, but when I look at the source, I can't figure out where it's from!)
lezerogan2

Post by *lezerogan2 »

I am not sure what you are looking for, but in case you want to know what is probably the correct extension of a file without extension, you can install a small utility named TrID.
It can be install as stand alone program by running it with filename as parameter (http://mark0.net/soft-tridnet-e.html),
Or as total-commander plugin, to show the extension by Create new column (http://mark0.net/soft-trid-e.html).
Andante

Post by *Andante »

lezerogan2! That is beyond awesome! And *exactly* what I need right now. Thank you, thank you. :-)
CharlesF

Post by *CharlesF »

Andante wrote: 2018-10-11, 19:02 UTC Thanks, Dalai and Stefan! I tried some keys earlier, but must have pressed the wrong ones.

This helps a lot when uLister is showing me a file that is missing its extension, and I need to figure out what program it came from! :-P

(Unfortunately, there still are times when uLister is able to decipher a file with an extension, but when I look at the source, I can't figure out where it's from!)
Since you have Ulister working can you provide me with some guidance on how to dot his. Another post I made asking for help garnered no responses.

My initial questions is this.

Is Ulister showing in the list of Lister plugins? Should it be showing? I'm not seeing it in the list even though it installed without any issues and I see the Ulister folder the Plugins/wlx; the Oracle DLL files are a sub-directory called Resdist.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Btw, I've tried all the suggestions in other threads about getting Ulister working, but when I hit F3 on a file the file opens in the standard built-in lister.

Regards,
Charles
mnass

Post by *mnass »

Plugin should be in list

Resdist should be redist