How can I unhide a hidden file?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Andante

How can I unhide a hidden file?

Post by *Andante »

Neither Total Commander nor Windows Explorer seems to have a way to turn off the Hidden attribute. I have several hidden files (they are not system files, and are hidden for no reason) and I no longer want that attribute turned on. How can I turn it off and make them normal files?
Last edited by Andante on 2018-11-05, 22:54 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How can I unhide a hidden file?

Post by *Dalai »

Set the option to show hidden files (see Options > Display > [X] Show hidden files) and then you can set the files' attributes via Files > Change attributes.

In Explorer it's also possible, via the files' properties (which can also be used in TC).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Andante

Post by *Andante »

My apologies, Dalai, I didn't explain clearly. I want to turn off the Hidden attribute. So I no longer want the files to have the Hidden attribute turned on. (I'll edit my post so it's clearer.) Thanks!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

You can remove the hidden attributes from the files, as I already explained, via Files > Change attributes. Note that you can/should mark the files beforehand.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Andante

Post by *Andante »

Wonderful! That's just what I needed. (My apologies again for not reading your first message more clearly.) Thanks, my friend.