Lister, VfW: hotkeys, suggestions

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Lister, VfW: hotkeys, suggestions

Post by *DrShark »

I have some questions and suggestions about Lister's internal multimedia mode where it uses Video for Windows player control to play audio and video files:
1. The VfW player has own context menu, some of its items have own hotkeys:
Alt+2, Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+5
(at least above are on my 32-bit Vista).
The player control in Lister doesn't react to that keys when actually pressed.
Lister also doesn't allow to open that context menu using keyboard, nether by context menu key nor using tab to reach "Context menu" button in a player control (the one next to "Play" button).
Are above restriction intentional? It would be nice to have at lest one of above mentioned ways to access player context menu items using keyboard working.
2. One of items from that context menu, "Command... (Ctrl+5)", allows to send MCI commands to VfW player control.
One of such commands:

Code: Select all

play fullscreen
allows to play the video in full screen (return to normal screen/Lister window, is by Alt+F4).
I think a possibility to send such a command to Lister (via %COMMANDER_EXE% /S=L<parameter+MCI_command(s)>) would be useful. For example, user could map a hotkey to start Lister with started full screen video playback.
3. The question for people who aware of MCI commands and their syntax. Is it possible to add something to mentioned above play fullscreen command to play the video with 4:3 aspect ratio? For me in fullscreen it plays the video in letterboxed widescreen mode.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lister, VfW: hotkeys, suggestions

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. They are probably caught by the Delphi framework, so the user interface never sees them.
2. I have never tried that, I will check it. You may be better off with a media player plugin, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-03, 09:34 UTC1. They are probably caught by the Delphi framework, so the user interface never sees them.
Is it possible to solve this somehow, so the VfW player will see the keys pressed on keyboard by user?
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-03, 09:34 UTC2. I have never tried that, I will check it. You may be better off with a media player plugin, though.
Did you try it? If it works as expected (allows to open Lister with video started immediately in full screen), please consider to add an additional parameter to already existing %COMMANDER_EXE% /S=L parameters do make the Lister start this way.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I haven't found out so far why the hotkeys don't work. Maybe I need to call specific functions when I receive them.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com