selecting with the space bar does not work

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cliver

selecting with the space bar does not work

Post by *cliver »

Hi all,

I use TC9.21a on windows10. The issue: when I click the space bar on a folder to see the disk room consumed (as I did before on windows 7), the selection highlighting disappears at all and nothing is shown. The options seem to be usual.
Please advise what can be done to fix it?

Thank you.
cliver

Re: selecting with the space bar does not work

Post by *cliver »

P.S. The reason of the issue: there were some symbols in the command line. When the command line is not empty, clicking 'space' moves focus there! It would be nice to highlight the command line when it is focused, otherwise loosing the focus is quite puzzling when you do not expect to work with the command line.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

cliver wrote: 2019-01-03, 23:52 UTC Hi all,

I use TC9.21a on windows10. The issue: when I click the space bar on a folder to see the disk room consumed (as I did before on windows 7), the selection highlighting disappears at all and nothing is shown. The options seem to be usual.
Please advise what can be done to fix it?

Thank you.
Hi,

Check:
Configuration -> Options... -> Operation -> Calculate space occupied by subdirectories: ☑ when selecting with the space bar -> Apply -> OK

Clear command line before pressing space bar to calculate space occupied by subdirectories.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Or just hide the TC command line when it's not used via Options > Layout > [ ] Show command line. That way, it's immediately obvious if anything is in the TC command line. The command line can still be (temporarily) shown via Cursor-right (or -left) or Alt+F8 (command line history).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror