To Dispatch Files: Add a Smart Everything-search-style folder selection interface, s'il vous plait

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

YvFo

To Dispatch Files: Add a Smart Everything-search-style folder selection interface, s'il vous plait

Post by *YvFo »

Hi,
To explain my request, here is how I operate right now to manage/dispatch my files:
In stage 1, I don't bother thinking where my files should be. My files are saved in either \@, \downloads, \@pdf.
In stage 2, I dispatch them.
2.1. In TC, with the destination folder in mind, pick in \@ the files to move-------------><(insert down*)+>
2.2. In TC, move <f6>
2.3 I activate EverythingSearch
2.4. enter parts of the dest folder name (type a few strings from the dest path, the filtering happens as I type) -----> eg 'inf sys rep' so that the folder "c:\documents\@pdf\6\info\sys report\" appears in a short list.
2.5 select dest folder (down+)
2.6 copy full folder name (ctrl+shift+c)
2.7 go back to TC
2.8 In TC, paste folder name.
2.9 In TC, execute.

TO REPLACE steps 2.3..2.8, I am begging for a smart everything-search-style folder selection interface inside TC instead.

Advantage when selecting the dest folder:
As I have many folders, I don't necessarily know where I have to dispatch my files, not even if all selected files have to go in the same folder. e.g. In the dispatch process I selected files related to 'system report', but I might have different places where I store information ( tools vs methods vs comparison-db vs my-machines-sys-reports). Just typing 'sys report' in step 2.4 would make the various folders appear in the list. I could choose the appropriate dest folder. (if necessary, I would have to adjust my file selection too)

Every time I have a dialog to select a folder in TC, I wish TC would have such a "fuzzy' selection process.
Thanks.
Y.