Windows live plug-in on Android behaves dangerously

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fccaner

Windows live plug-in on Android behaves dangerously

Post by *fccaner »

Hello,

Long time TC user here, mostly on Windows but also on Android.

Last night something unexpected happened when I wanted to move a directory on my Android 7 tablet to OneDrive using TC after smoothly logging into OneDrive. It gave an error message about not being able to copy the first file in the directory to OneDrive. The dialog box presented two options, Cancel and OK. I hit OK. Then, the same error popped up again but this time for the next file in the directory. Again I hit OK. These error messages continued until all the files in the directory was processed.

Once the operation was over, I noticed that there was no new directory with the same name was created in OneDrive. This is not surprising given the error messages.

To my surprise, I saw that the source directory and all the files inside were deleted on the Android tablet as if the move operation was successful. I would have expected the source directory and the files inside which were failed to be copied to the destination to be retained ( not deleted).

I think there may be a bug that causes this malfunction in this plug-in.

Thanks for your attention.

F. Caner
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows live plug-in on Android behaves dangerously

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is odd, the source files should only be deleted when the operation was successful. Where are the source folders located? Are they on an external SD card?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fccaner

Post by *fccaner »

No, they were on the internal SD card of the tablet.

Also, why would creating a new directory on OneDrive fail? I am not out of space on OneDrive.

F. Caner
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, they were on the internal SD card of the tablet.
You mean somewhere below /storage/emulated/0 ? Or some other path?
Also, why would creating a new directory on OneDrive fail? I am not out of space on OneDrive.
There can be various reasons, like a lost connection, invalid characters in the name, or a file with the same name already existing in that location.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com