English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Need to unbind F8 -- How?

Post by *petermad »

2MarkFilipak
When referring to the menu it is usually assumed that it is to the basic menu shipped with TC - I myself use a heavily modified menu (you can downlod it - see my signature), but here in the forum I always refer to TC's basic menu.

The same thing with referring to shortcut keys - they should always be referred to their original function - as described in the Help and in the Keyboard.txt file.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MarkFilipak

Post by *MarkFilipak »

petermad wrote: 2019-08-28, 08:33 UTC 2MarkFilipak
When referring to the menu it is usually assumed that it is to the basic menu shipped with TC - I myself use a heavily modified menu (you can downlod it - see my signature), but here in the forum I always refer to TC's basic menu.
Sure. I knew that. That's why I wrote, "I temporarily reverted to the default menu so I could see to what you refer," a couple of posts back. You probably missed it.

But thank you. Everyone here is so kind, so concerned that things are done right and that all possible confusion is avoided. It's really quite refreshing. I love TC and I love this forum.
Hi Christian! Delighted customer since 1999. License #37627
MarkFilipak

Post by *MarkFilipak »

Four years later... It happened again on a resurrected Win7 laptop.

I lost 3 files.

I've reread this whole topic and can't figure out what was decided. Can anyone give me a single, step-by-step method to unbind F8? Please?

Thanks -- Mark.

PS:
Never mind. I figured it out:
Configuration > Misc. > Redefine hotkeys (Keyboard remapping) > Hotkey: [F8________v]
Configuration > Misc. > Redefine hotkeys (Keyboard remapping) > Command: cm_SysInfo
Hi Christian! Delighted customer since 1999. License #37627