[Solved]How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

colemanlee

[Solved]How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?

Post by *colemanlee »

How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?
I can not find verdana font in the font list.

Code: Select all

Path: TC-->any file-->F3-->appear Lister Plugin window-->Opton-->Configurtion-->ANSI charset-->Font
--update--
I found a equivalent method:
  1. choose font at startup(F) to "scale", not the "auto detect".
  2. set scale font(V) to Verdana.
Last edited by colemanlee on 2019-09-13, 06:11 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Total Commander
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?

Post by *Usher »

colemanlee wrote: 2019-09-06, 03:17 UTC How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?
I can not find verdana font in the font list.
By default TC uses monospaced (fixed with) DOS and ANSI fonts. That way you can properly display binary files.
colemanlee wrote: 2019-09-06, 03:17 UTC I found a equivalent method:
  1. choose font at startup(F) to "scale", not the "auto detect".
  2. set scale font(V) to Verdana.
It's not quite equivalent, it's just the only proper method. In English this option is named "Variable" - it's designated for proportional (variable width) fonts, for example Verdana or Tahoma.

Note that you can manually change ANSI or DOS font (Font1 or Font2 in [Lister] section of wincmd.ini) to proportional, but it's not recommended.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
colemanlee

Re: How to setup the fonts of ANSI charset to Verdana in Lister Plugin option Windows in TC?

Post by *colemanlee »

It's not quite equivalent, it's just the only proper method. In English this option is named "Variable" - it's designated for proportional (variable width) fonts, for example Verdana or Tahoma.
Note that you can manually change ANSI or DOS font (Font1 or Font2 in [Lister] section of wincmd.ini) to proportional, but it's not recommended.
Hi,
Thank you very much.
Total Commander