Just a "Thank you!"

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Xelas

Just a "Thank you!"

Post by *Xelas »

Unlike 99% of the people here, I'm not writing about a problem! :lol:

I just wanted to say, "Thank you!" to Christian for his ongoing support and updates for Total Commander. I've been using TC for, I think, 15 years or so, and happily registered my copy of "Windows Commander" about 10 years ago. It's, literally, the first thing that I install on any new PC I get.

My favorite features are the Multi-Rename Tool, the ability to queue and pause multiple copy/move jobs (a lifesaver when working with large sets of files), the quick preview (F3), favorite directories, directory sync, and seamless work with archive files. Alt-F1/F2, F5, F6, shift-F6, ctrl-R, and shift-alt-enter are in my muscle memory. There are many, many other features that I've used over the years that have come in handy (combining/splitting files, file hash verifications, MIME encoding/decoding, etc). It's a true "Swiss Army knife" of file managers that is a dependable and valuable tool.

Incidentally, after going through several file management apps for Android, I'm now using TC there as well. On android, it's a no-frills manager that does all of the basics very well. I use it often when I travel to copy ebooks and audiobooks to my phone via VPN from my file server at home.

Again - thank you, Christian!
clifford_cooley

Post by *clifford_cooley »

Yes!!

Thank You!
License #116347
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just a "Thank you!"

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm happy to hear that, thanks for your positive feedback!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
KC_

Post by *KC_ »

Thanks also for all the free updates. if you do decide to start charging for updates, I'd still be more than willing to shell out. That's coming from me who currently earns about $500 a month (I know, bad times). My job is not related to computers but this is the most used, longest used software the entire day.

Just chiming in, thanks Xelas for opening the thread. Cheers.
# 251045
Total Commander 10.5 64bit
Matrix

Post by *Matrix »

Yes thank you everyone and obviously Christian. I work in Sydney Australia and have not come across many people using it down this side of the world. Been using it since introduced to me back in 2000. Grateful ever since.

Although there was a Russian guy who sat next to me recently and said "wow you use that program too hey"

One of my young guys does not want to use the program as in his words "looks to old to use". How looks can deceive.

Maybe the dark theme will help ;)

I thought that if every registered user could donate $1, it would be a nice birthday present for Christian!!
Matrix

Post by *Matrix »

Matrix wrote: 2019-10-03, 03:22 UTC Yes thank you everyone and obviously Christian. I work in Sydney Australia and have not come across many people using it down this side of the world. Been using it since introduced to me back in 2000. Grateful ever since.

Although there was a Russian guy who sat next to me recently and said "wow you use that program too hey"

One of my young guys does not want to use the program as in his words "looks to old to use". How looks can deceive.

Maybe the dark theme will help ;)

I thought that if every registered user could donate $1, it would be a nice birthday present for Christian!!
Oh btw one of my most favorite plugins in the Cloud plugin working with onedrive. Helps my sort my cloud back ups.
BeRoM

Post by *BeRoM »

Agreed. I've been using TC almost every workday for the past 8 years, and it makes so many tasks much easier.

Thank you, Christian!
j

Post by *j »

Yes! Thank you!

I have been using TC for more than 20 years now and it's always the first program I install on any (Windows) machine I have to use.

The floppy with the registration key is also the only floppy I still own...