I'm a new user of Total Commander and to this forum.
First, I'm only discovering this software, and I really think that I will win hours to sort my files !
I have questions regarding synchronize tool:
I of course looked via SEARCH option of the forum/ or Googled it too.. without success :
I have a directory A with hundreds of files in each of a dozen sub-folders,which contains :
- hundreds of file from Date1 to Date2
- hundreds of file from Date2 to Date3
- files from Date1 to Date 2 has to move to directory B
- files from Date2 to Date3 has to move to Directory C, where Directory C contains files from Date3 to Date4... and sometimes files between Date 2 and date 3 (that's why I cant to use synchronize tool).
- using compare/synchronize tool between Directory A and C
- I show filter "existing on left", is equal, is different
- I have to unselect manually what I don't want to transfer existing on left/in Directory A (Date1 to Date2) - (that I will manually move manually to Directory B later)
- I'm copying files existing on left (Directory A) that doesn't exist on right (Directory C)
- (I don't copy files existing on right (Directory C) to copy to left (Directory A) )
- I check "different files" Between Directory A and C, and I select "copy left ro right", save both files with different copied name
- I synchronize
- then I refresh
- I check for "equal files"
- I select equal file on left and "delete Left"
- I manually cut/past the rest of the folder (with files from Date 1 to Date2) to directory B
What I'm looking for is to be able to
- in the synchronize tool : select/filter files by date of creation on left (from Date1 to Date2)
- If they don't exist at right, Move them (not copy* them)
Final question, can we make a script /bash of that via TC ?