Compare directories - ESC key stops working

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

digitaldog4

Compare directories - ESC key stops working

Post by *digitaldog4 »

Hi!

I'm using 9.50 beta 13 64-bit.
Generally ESC works well in the compare directories window, and is very helpful. However with the following sequence of steps it stops working anymore.

1. Select CTRL+Y to compare directories.
2. Press ENTER to do the comparison.
3. In any (e.g. the first) difference press "Space" to change the default selection.
4. ESC doesn't work anymore.

I assume this is because the selection that the user made manually would be lost. However if you do a lot of comparisons then the ESC key working all the time is crucial. The ideal behaviour would be to ask if the user wants to exit and allow exiting. I would then be able to use ESC + maybe arrow + Enter to exit - without moving my hand to the mouse and back.

Thanks in advance.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Compare directories - ESC key stops working

Post by *Dalai »

You're correct with your assumption. Alt+F4 can still be used to close the comparison window, regardless of whether or not the user made any changes.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2digitaldog4
I am a little confused here. "Compare directories" = cm_CompareDirs or cm_CompareDirsWithSubdirs does not show a window - it operates directly in the file panel.

Are you perhaps talking about the "Synchronize directories" tool = cm_FileSync ? In that case it is by design: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=247329#p247329
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, this is a feature in "synchronize directories": Once you start making changes to the results, ESC is disabled so you don't accidentally close the dialog after spending a long time selecting the right files.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com