Confused about Quick Edit window including how to save changes

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lorenk

Confused about Quick Edit window including how to save changes

Post by *lorenk »

Hi, All.

Some questions about the Quick Edit window:

1. How do I get viewer shortcut/keyboard commands to work? Doing things like rotate image -- CTRL <- OR CTRL-> -- have no affect. (I see that my image filename is highlighted but keyboard commands seem to affect the file window, not the quick viewer window.)

2. I can rotate images by clicking on the rotate buttons in the quick view window but don't see a way to save these changes. And is there a way to SAVE and not SAVE AS...?

2. I can see in SETTINGS how to 'Hide toolbar in quick viewer' but don't see how to show that toolbar in the regular window?

I'm using Irfan Viewer to do my tasks but would like to know how TC can work better for me.
Hacker

Re: Confused about Quick Edit window including how to save changes

Post by *Hacker »

lorenk,
What is a "Quick Edit window"?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
lorenk

Post by *lorenk »

Quick Edit Window = "Quick View Panel" (CTRL-Q).
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

If you press CTRL-Q the Quick-View will open in the opposite panel.
At this time the focus is still on the file panel and it reacts on keyboard inputs like Cursor-Up, Cursor-Down.
If you want the keyboard commands to react on the Quick-View panel, you have to focus the Quick-View panel first.

Just press TAB-key and you are done :)
#5767 Personal license
lorenk

Post by *lorenk »

Hmm...

TAB doesn't do anything.
SHIFT+TAB changes focus between: folder list window, file list window, and "Favorite Items" window.

I'm not even finding details about the Quick View Panel buttons on TC site or through Google search.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

lorenk,
Are you sure you are using Total Commander? While there is a sort of "folder list window" (the folder tree), there is no separate window for only files (since the folders and files are always mixed), and there is definitely no "Favorite Items window". A screenshot would definitely be useful here.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2lorenk
changes focus between: folder list window, file list window, and "Favorite Items" window.

I'm not even finding details about the Quick View Panel buttons on TC site or through Google search.
TC does not have a "Favorite items" window and does not have "Quick View Panel buttons" (unless Quick View is using a plugin like Imagine or Photoviewer that provide buttons). Using Irfan View for viewing the files in the Quick View panel does not provide buttons or right click menu.

I tend to think like Hacker - Are you using Total Commander?

2. I can rotate images by clicking on the rotate buttons in the quick view window but don't see a way to save these changes. And is there a way to SAVE and not SAVE AS...?

2. I can see in SETTINGS how to 'Hide toolbar in quick viewer' but don't see how to show that toolbar in the regular window?
This sounds like you could be using the Imagine plugin - but in Imagine it is called "Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Lister" -> "Disable toolbar in quick view"

If you are using Imagine, then the toolbar can be toggled on/off by pressing Shift+A in the regular window (F3 view in TC).

With Imagine plugin, you can right click the image and choose "File" -> "Save" / "Save as..."
Last edited by petermad on 2020-03-25, 08:13 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
lorenk

Post by *lorenk »

Oh boy... In the biggest blunder of my life since claiming the Sega CD game, Night Trap was 'not that bad,' I humbly admit that I am using "Free Commander" and not "Total Commander" as my current Explorer replacement.

As an apology I will now revert my desktop PC from Windows 10 --> Windows Bob for a period of 30 days. (Just don't make me install that #&@!* talking paper clip, "Clippy.")
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

lorenk,
:D
Well, you can always give TC a try. ;)

Roman