How to locate the file in Windows 10 file explorer through TC (+ setting up Lister to display GIF and WEBP files)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

arko

Re: How to locate the file in Windows 10 file explorer through TC

Post by *arko »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2020-04-11, 17:30 UTC The following button will open Windows explorer with the current selected file or dir from TC

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
/select,"%P%N"
Selected file in Explorer
That is useful! Do you know a flag to launch explorer in the regularly-sized window instead of maximized?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to locate the file in Windows 10 file explorer through TC (+ setting up Lister to display GIF and WEBP files)

Post by *petermad »

Looks like only the "Photos" app is redirected to "Windows Photo Viewer"
That's correct.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
UchuuStranger

Post by *UchuuStranger »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2020-04-11, 17:30 UTC The following button will open Windows explorer with the current selected file or dir from TC

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
/select,"%P%N"

@Horst.Epp, I noticed today that the command to locate the file in Windows file explorer you posted at the beginning of this thread no longer works. Instead of opening the appropriate folder and highlighting the appropriate file, it just opens "This PC". Since I have no idea how this command works in the first place, I don't know why it stopped working, how to fix it, or even where would be the best place to search for the answer or ask the question. So I'm asking it here. Can you help?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to locate the file in Windows 10 file explorer through TC (+ setting up Lister to display GIF and WEBP files)

Post by *tuska »

2UchuuStranger
This button works like a charm!

Please check, if you have this in the Parameters-field - especially if both quotation marks are present:

/select,"%P%N"

Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 2004 (OS build 19041.508) | [TC command line: winver <enter>]
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

UchuuStranger wrote: 2020-09-21, 19:52 UTC

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
/select,"%P%N"

@Horst.Epp, I noticed today that the command to locate the file in Windows file explorer you posted at the beginning of this thread no longer works. Instead of opening the appropriate folder and highlighting the appropriate file, it just opens "This PC". Since I have no idea how this command works in the first place, I don't know why it stopped working, how to fix it, or even where would be the best place to search for the answer or ask the question. So I'm asking it here. Can you help?
Copy the full button and paste it onto your button bar.
It definitely still works in the latest Windows !
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
UchuuStranger

Post by *UchuuStranger »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2020-09-22, 13:11 UTC If you copy the full button and paste it onto your button bar.
It definitely still works in the latest Windows !
Ah, my apologies, I restarted my PC again, and now it works. I think I did try to restart it once, and it didn't work, but now it does. Maybe it had something to do with the first restart triggering Windows update, or maybe my memory just serves me wrong and I didn't try it after the restart. In any case, sorry to bother you!
Phred

Post by *Phred »

I believe I've searched extensively, but it's awfully hard to find anything with 'heic quick view' (without the quotes).
This thread comes as close as I can find to enjoining heic and Ctrl-Q 'Quick View', so I'll try.

Is there any way that .heic files can be displayed in the adjacent Quick View panel?
I've had the Imagine plug-in (2003) crash TC lately. Maybe I should put it back in.

I'm trying to solve an iPhone's auto-uploading to OneDrive, synching back down to Win10 and viewing in TC. .Heic and .jpg files are both used by Apple, it seems, for no apparent technical reason, so heic needs to be addressed.

OneDrive, incidentally, and nicely, downloads a 'phantom' graphic file to Windows, bringing the whole file only when required - as iCloud/Apple do.
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Phred wrote: 2020-12-22, 17:25 UTC I believe I've searched extensively, but it's awfully hard to find anything with 'heic quick view' (without the quotes).
This thread comes as close as I can find to enjoining heic and Ctrl-Q 'Quick View', so I'll try.

Is there any way that .heic files can be displayed in the adjacent Quick View panel?
I've had the Imagine plug-in (2003) crash TC lately. Maybe I should put it back in.

I'm trying to solve an iPhone's auto-uploading to OneDrive, synching back down to Win10 and viewing in TC. .Heic and .jpg files are both used by Apple, it seems, for no apparent technical reason, so heic needs to be addressed.

OneDrive, incidentally, and nicely, downloads a 'phantom' graphic file to Windows, bringing the whole file only when required - as iCloud/Apple do.
IrfanView can display .heic files in TC.
Also there are several tools available which add .heic support to Windows preview
which makes them available with TC using Explorer preview option.
For example CopyTrans Heic
https://www.copytrans.de/copytransheic/
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I believe I've searched extensively, but it's awfully hard to find anything with 'heic quick view' (without the quotes).
If it works in Lister it should worl in QuickView.

See also: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=354171#p354171
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
kiwerry

Post by *kiwerry »

"If it works in Lister it should work in QuickView."

That is what I expected, but it doesn't: if the cursor is on a HEIC file and I press F3, Irfanview starts and I can see the photo :D ; If I press Ctrl-Q, I see nothing useful :oops:.

Environment: W10, CopyTrans HEIC viewer installed, TC 10.52, IrfanView 4.62. Comments? More info needed?
kiwerry

Post by *kiwerry »

Further to my post of Jan 10, I found a hint in viewtopic.php?p=354171#p354171 which put me on the right path. I edited the [Lister] section in Config.ini to include "IviewAdditionalTypes= *.heic" right after the other Iview statements and it worked; Ctrl-Q now displays HEIC files in the quick view window as well as under F3 :D
FYI the section in the ini file looks like this:

[Lister]
LeftMargin=200
Multimedia=1
IView=1
IViewPath=C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe
IviewAdditionalTypes= *.heic
HTMLasText=0
LinkBraces=1
RTF=1
Wrap=0
ShrinkBitmap=1