Hide TC from the Windows Alt-Tab switcher?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bogordo

Hide TC from the Windows Alt-Tab switcher?

Post by *bogordo »

Hi,
Yes, not TC direct related, but like i always launhc/access TC with "Win+1" (using TC first place in taskbar), i was wondering if there is a way of hiding TC when i do Alt-Tab, so i "clean" the interface with one less window...
Thank you
TC license #346559
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Hide TC from the Windows Alt-Tab switcher?

Post by *Stefan2 »

"Alt-Tab" is a feature of WindowsTM. If possible anyhow (me think it's not) you have to ask Microsoft, or Google.

Let's see if anyone have another Idea....

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

The application itself determines via its Window properties if it shows in Alt+Tab feature. Unless an application developer allows to set the window properties via some options, there's nothing that can be done by a user. Technically it's possible to modify window properties after they're created, but that would require something like WinSpy++ (which you'd need to manually change and apply) or writing an application or script (AutoIt, AutoHotkey) that calls certain Win32 API functions... What I'm trying to say is that it's not as simple as setting an option in TC or something.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
bogordo

Post by *bogordo »

Thanks for your answers, yeah, i was expecting something "not easy", well, not too much problem... ;)
TC license #346559
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, I think that every task manager decides on its own which windows will be in Alt+Tab list, but usually these are normal visible windows.

One way is to set WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style for main TC window, but it will alter window title and may cause some visual glitches. E.g. using my TCFS2:

Code: Select all

TCFS2.exe /ef "set_style(#, # | $80) redraw()"
Matrix

Post by *Matrix »

I too use windows key 1 to access TC. Glad to hear someone else thinks the same.

It is not a solution, more of a workaround, I have started using windows key-tab instead of alt-tab as it gives you more control. It is a bigger interface and allows you full mouse control over which program to switch to next...

Hope it helps.
bogordo

Post by *bogordo »

Thank you @MVV, maybe a little bit overkill for this little issue...

@Matrix, yeah, another workaround is to have TC in the right virtual desktop, maximized, so with Ctrl+Win+right arrow (i should simplify this with Autohotkey...) i get TC interface, and as it is in another desktop it's hide from Alt+Tab...
TC license #346559
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

So, you've asked for a non-standard thing and tell that a non-standard solution is an overkill? That's strange, eh, since there are no standard solutions possible here and the suggested solution really does what you've asked for. :D
BTW, I believe you can also set WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style with Autohotkey.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

MVV wrote:I believe you can also set WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style with Autohotkey.

Code: Select all

WinSet, ExStyle, ^0x80, ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
Not tested.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.