Solution of Ctrl-Q Quick view for videos with shortcuts?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hahaha

Solution of Ctrl-Q Quick view for videos with shortcuts?

Post by *hahaha »

Releted Posts (I've read but didnt solve this issue):
Viewing Videos with Lister question - Total Commander
How to preview videos with lister? - Total Commander

For Ctrl-Q for videos, I've been using "mmedia.wlx + K-Lite Codec Pack" solution so far. It pretty much met my need in past few years, could play most of video formats eg. mkv/mp4/rmvb/flv etc.

However recently, there're several thousand video files that I need to sort through, each requires a Ctrl-Q preview, and the shortcoming of solution above is exposed by not being able to fast forward and rewind with shortcuts! Windows Media Player called by mmedia.wlx itself supports shortcuts, but same shortcuts doesn't work in Ctrl-Q mmedia. I wonder if it's because mmedia holds up shortcuts?

Being forced to use mouse preview thousands videos has slowed down my work efficiency considerably.

Question here is: Any Ctrl-Q for videos solution that support fast forward and rewind with shortcuts? Any buddy has advice? :)

Edit: Thank you @solid for the help, I'll give it a try! really appreciated! :D
Last edited by hahaha on 2020-09-15, 18:51 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Solution of Ctrl-Q Quick view for videos with shortcuts?

Post by *solid »

AFAIK mmedia uses WMP subsystem for playing video files and WMP doesn't support keyboard shortcuts for seeking the video.

There is another lister plugin, Mlister, which adds this shortcut abilities. It uses ffdshow filters, I don't know how they works nowadays, but you can try it of it works for you.

This is the forum topic for Mlister, it is on the russian TC forum. http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=13917
The link in the first post doesn't work anymore, but there is a working link posted by the end of the thread.