New Feature Request: Create individual ZIP files for all sub-directories in a folder

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DracoChronicles

New Feature Request: Create individual ZIP files for all sub-directories in a folder

Post by *DracoChronicles »

I would like to make ONE command, to zip all directories into individual folders with the same name as the folder.
Also option to recursivly include all subfolders.

Imagine a structure like this:

\Copy1
\Copy2
\Sub1
\Sub2
\Copy3
\Sub1

I would like the result of the command to be Copy1.zip, Copy2.zip and Copy3.zip.

Would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
NotNull

Re: New Feature Request: Create individual ZIP files for all sub-directories in a folder

Post by *NotNull »

That is already possible:
  • Select all your directories
  • Menu:File > Pack... Alt+F5
  • Enable Create separate archives, one per selected file/dir
  • In the Pack x files to the archive field, remove the X:\target folder\ part, so that you are left with zip:*.*.zip
  • Press the OK button.
  • Done.
JeremyP99

Re: New Feature Request: Create individual ZIP files for all sub-directories in a folder

Post by *JeremyP99 »

Not a techie, so struggling with the above. I simply want to zip ALL the folders in one directory, and leave the zip files there. I tried the above but it seemed to want to create one huge archive. I just want N zip files, one for each of N folders in the directory.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JeremyP99

It seems like you missed this part: Enable "Create separate archives, one per selected file/dir"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar