Master Passwords

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mbur

Master Passwords

Post by *mbur »

This question relates to setting up samba shares on the Total Commander Lan addon on an Android phone.

If I set up a share with a guest account with no password the Master Password option self checks and when I go to use my share I get stuck at a master password prompt which I know nothing about.

So first question: What and where is this master password? I have no idea where to go to set or change it. I presume it is something to do with the phone?

Second question: I'm sure the self checking of the master password tick box is a nice safety feature but is there any way it can be defeated?

I have a similar problem on a Linux mint laptop where I am occasionally prompted for a master password when accessing lan storage. Happily I know what that one is. I was prompted to create it some time ago in the dim dark past but I have no idea how to change it or what it is master password of.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Master Passwords

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently my LAN plugin does not support SMB shares without password - Windows requires a password to access SMB shares. Maybe it works when you use a random password?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com