"Synchronize..." doesnt do anything

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

daihelyon

"Synchronize..." doesnt do anything

Post by *daihelyon »

I have a bit strange problem.

I opened the "Synchronize Dirs..", compared (clicked "Compare") the 2 directories I wanted, and got the list of files, there were files that missing from one and there were files that were unequal.
I clicked on the "Synchronize...", the configuration pop up appeared, and by mistake I removed the check mark from the "Confirm overwrite" option, and the synchronization didn't overwrite the unequal files.
I realized my mistake, so now I opened the "Synchronize Dirs.." again, clicked "Compare", it shows the list of files that are unequal, but now if I click the "Synchronize..." button, nothing happens, the configuration pop up doesn't show. It seems that it remembered the "Confirm overwrite" option.

How do I reset this option? Where can I set the "Confirm overwrite" to default?
In the "wincmd.ini" there is no "overwrite" or even any word that would contain the "over" or "write" words.
Even after deleting the "wincmd.ini" file, nothing happens.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Synchronize..." doesnt do anything

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Files detectedf as "unequal" (with a slashed through equal sign) are not selected for copying. This happens when
1. The left and right file have different sizes, but the same timestamp, or
2. You have checked "ignore date"

In both cases, Total Commander cannot know which of the files you want to keep. You would have to select them (e.g. via Ctrl+A) and set a copy direction yourself via right click context menu.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com