(partial) Loss of keyboard's functionality

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

M0zzie

(partial) Loss of keyboard's functionality

Post by *M0zzie »

This may not necessarily be 100% connected to the beta version but am really hoping someone would have come across this issue (and solved it?!) before.
I have recently noticed I lost some of keyboard's functionality... For instance Alt+F5 or Alt+F7 are a couple of combinations I can no longer use (haven't really checked all of them; those are ones that I most commonly use). I can't blame it on installing B12 although I first noticed it there. Tried uninstalling B12 (cleaning up registry) and reinstalling 9.22a to no avail.
To add to the confusion, F keys (i.e.: F2- F8 work perfectly)
Keyboard (hw) works perfectly (I can use those keys in other apps), within all other apps.
In terms of OS: WX x64 Pro 1909 patched to the latest (as of 2020/01/13)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: (partial) Loss of keyboard's functionality

Post by *Dalai »

Search for GeForce Experience in the forum, and you'll find a couple of threads with discussions about this and other software "stealing" such hotkeys.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Well, most likely it is not TC but a software for controlling your Graphic Card that is responible and "steals" certain keypresses
see: viewtopic.php?p=351923
#5767 Personal license
M0zzie

Post by *M0zzie »

Yup. Cheers for the input! I just figured it out (about 20 minutes ago) going back to a backup that didn't have the GeForce rubbish installed!
Lesson learnt(!) IGNORE NVIDIA's driver update crap! :)