TC 9.51 - Access denied when overwriting files on network shares (drag and drop from Outlook)

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DAC324

TC 9.51 - Access denied when overwriting files on network shares (drag and drop from Outlook)

Post by *DAC324 »

Double post to "TC 9.51 - Zugriff verweigert bei Drag&Drop auf Netzlaufwerk, wenn Datei bereits existiert"
viewtopic.php?p=386493#p386493

Hello,

for some time, i encountered the following behavior:

In Outlook 365, when I open an e-mail with an attachment, I cannot save it via drag and drop in a Total Commander window, if the file already exists there.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open an e-mail with an attachment in Outlook 365.
2. Drag and drop the attachment to an open Total Commander window showing the contents of a folder on a network share (SMB).
3. If that file already exists in the folder on the network share, you will get an "access denied" window offering to try "As Administrator" - which, of course, will not work if you're not the administrator of the file-server the SMB share resides on.

Expected behavior: Total Commander should ask if the file is to be overwritten, renamed or skipped, as it does with all local directories.

Interesting: This only happend when using drag and drop from Outlook 365. If you drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer, Total Commander presents the expected "Overwrite?" dialog.

If using drag and drop into the same network share displayed by Windows Explorer, it presents the expected dialog asking to replace the existing file or to cancel.
So the problem is only with Total Commander when using drag and drop from Outlook 365.

Is there a setting which needs to be adjusted in Total Commander? I already tried changing the copy modes but to no avail.

Thank you very much.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC 9.51 - Access denied when overwriting files on network shares (drag and drop from Outlook)

Post by *Stefan2 »

Maybe you run TC as administrator (see circumflex ^ in title bar near the name of the registered user)
or the program in question use a drag&drop type not supported by TC.

Did you searched the forum to check out other suggestions too?

DAC324

Re: TC 9.51 - Access denied when overwriting files on network shares (drag and drop from Outlook)

Post by *DAC324 »

Stefan2 wrote: 2020-04-20, 16:49 UTC Maybe you run TC as administrator (see circumflex ^ in title bar near the name of the registered user)
or the program in question use a drag&drop type not supported by TC.

Did you searched the forum to check out other suggestions too?
No and no.
I am running TC as a normal user. If my memory serves me right, it worked in the past. It is possible that Outlook 365 indeed introduced a drag-and drop mechanism that is different from Windows Explorer.

But how to determine that? I must admit that I already searched for similar issues here on the forum but apparently, had not found the right search terms as I did not get any helpful results.

Kind regards,
DAC324