Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Close temporary file with keyboard not get focus

Post by *Hurdet »

When I F4 edit a file in packed archive, I get Dialog Box
"Click on Close when the temporary file can be deleted!"
"Close" "F2 Background"
Then to close, I have to use the mouse, the keyboard does not matter.
Do it is possible to use the keyboard to close this message?

step to reproduce:

open editor
F4 edit file in packed archive
foreground editor
shift-tab turn to TC
I can't use keyboard on warning.

open editor
F4 edit file in packed archive
foreground editor
close it (or press ALT, LEFT, RETURN, minimize to systray) [window have to close or minimize]
TC warning turn to foreground
I can use keyboard on warning.

I read that other have same problem.

elgonzo say:
Using Win+Tab to switch from the editor back to TC, i can now reproduce the issue. (Alt+Tab is not a trigger; it required Win+Tab for me to observe the issue.)
see here.
Last edited by Hurdet on 2020-09-17, 08:04 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Close temporary file with keyboard not get focus

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Some more information that might help identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

It seems the issue is related to TC opening the modal messagebox in the background without receiving the input focus when it is being created.

Once i Alt+Tab into the message box (it will receive input focus), i can switch back to the editor and then Win+Tab will also work (i suspect, due to the messagebox having received input focus once before via Alt+Tab.

Other modal dialogs/messageboxes in TC (such as the Help/About dialog or Configuration dialog) don't exhibit this problem. But, unlike the affected messagebox here, they are also getting the input focus right away when they are opened.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Close temporary file with keyboard not get focus

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

I just made a weird observation that makes me question my assumption about the messagebox needing to get the input focus at least once before it behaves together with Win+Tab.

After Win+Tabbing to TC from the editor the first time, the messagex box lacks the input focus.
Curiously, i can make the messagebox receive the input focus by once more Win+Tabbing into TC. It is not even required to switch to another window/application inbetween. Just Win+Tabbing from TC to TC assigns the input focus to the messagebox. :?

By the way, i can reproduce on both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of TC with a fresh INI. As per my signature, i am running Win7 x64 Pro.