Coping Several Files with the same name as a folder.

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DefToneR

Coping Several Files with the same name as a folder.

Post by *DefToneR »

Hello there! big fan for years now of TC! But new at the forum. I just found a sort of bug.

If you copy 1 file to another folder and there is a folder with the same name of the file, a message will display that there is a folder with the same name and if you want to copy the file inside that folder (that ok) BUT, if you select several files and you copy them and there is one or more folders with the same name of the file that you are moving will say that the file exist (with 0 bytes) and if you want to replace and if you are coping (not moving) will say write error, and of course will fail.

I'm making a video to better understanding
DefToneR

Re: Coping Several Files with the same name as a folder.

Post by *DefToneR »

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it's not possible to have mutliple files/folders with the same name in the same directory, that's why this operation fails.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DefToneR

Post by *DefToneR »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-02-08, 15:32 UTC Unfortunately it's not possible to have mutliple files/folders with the same name in the same directory, that's why this operation fails.
Lol, yes, I understand that.

But the bug is that instead of saying that there is a folder with the same name as the file (as it correctly says when you do just 1 file) when doing several will confuse the user saying that a FILE exist with the same name with 0 bytes. and will try to overwrite it and fail.
DefToneR

Post by *DefToneR »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-02-08, 15:32 UTC Unfortunately it's not possible to have mutliple files/folders with the same name in the same directory, that's why this operation fails.
Please, if you have time, take a look to the video, since is more clear there than my explanation for sure.

Thanks for your reply