[TC9.51] Synchronize dirs `empty directories`option (checkbox) ignores exclusion filter

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

andry81

[TC9.51] Synchronize dirs `empty directories`option (checkbox) ignores exclusion filter

Post by *andry81 »

If compare 2 directories with svn repository like this:
*.*|.svn\ .git\ .log\
Then the result will include empty directories must be ignored by the exclusion filter:
.svn\pristine\
.svn\pristine\01
.svn\pristine\03
If this is a feature, then may be add another option like an ignore (or not) the exclusion filter?
elgonzo
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC9.51] Synchronize dirs `empty directories`option (checkbox) ignores exclusion filter

Post by *elgonzo »

I cannot reproduce what you observed.

I just tried comparing local copies of two svn repos with your file type pattern "*.*|.svn\ .git\ .log\".
Regardless of the "Empty directories" checkbox being enabled or disabled, there were no files or sub dirs from the .svn directory shown in the sync list.

Can you perhaps provide a screenshot of the "Synchronize directories" window with all the settings visible as well as some of the unwanted entries in the file list, so we can try reproducing your situation more accurately?
Begrudgingly back to Windows... now 11... sigh... but i have no nerve for Linux desktop anymore...
andry81

Re: [TC9.51] Synchronize dirs `empty directories`option (checkbox) ignores exclusion filter

Post by *andry81 »

Seems I've found additional conditions for the issue:
1. One of 2 sides is an archived directory
AND
2. at least one of `.svn` subdirectories must contain a file and if both has, then files must be not equal
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This should be fixed in Total Commander 10 beta, can anyone please test it?
08.03.21 Fixed: Synchronize dirs: Excluding subdirectories via wildcard field (e.g. *.* | svn\) wasn't always used with "Empty directories" checked, in archives, FTP connections, and file system plugins (32/64)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Issue confirmed with TC9.51 and tested OK with TC10.00 and later.

Moderator message from: white » 2022-05-15, 18:58 UTC

Moved to Fixed bugs