Quick view steals focus from Lister when in an archive

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Quick view steals focus from Lister when in an archive

Post by *Hacker »

Hi all,
TC 10.00 x64, Win10 20H2 x64.

Activate Quick view. Enter an archive. Focus any file [EDIT: using the keyboard arrows] and quickly press F3 to open Lister.
Lister opens but TC steals the focus half a second later when Quick view loads the file's contents.

Expected - Lister stays the active window.

Thanks
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Quick view steals focus from Lister when in an archive

Post by *petermad »

Hmm, If I focus the file with the keyboard and press F3, I can confirm your finding.

But if I focus the file with the mouse, then it is Lister that becomes active and the Quick view panel is not updated until TC regains focus.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

petermad,
Indeed, it seems when using the mouse the loading is not delayed. Edited my initial post, thank you.
BTW: I am using SingleClickStart=1.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Activate Quick view. Enter an archive. Focus any file [EDIT: using the keyboard arrows] and quickly press F3 to open Lister.
This happens because many lister plugins steal the focus from the file list on Ctrl+Q, so TC actively sets the focus back to the active file list after loading the file with Ctrl+Q. This is intentional and will not be changed, sorry. Just wait with F3 until Ctrl+Q has loaded the file.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Oh, I understand. Is it then not possible to set the focus back without activating the TC window? If I switch to some other program instead of Lister then I hear a "ding" but TC isn't activated. It only happens with Lister.

Roman
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, unfortunately calling SetFocus also activates the window.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com