This forum will be closed!

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This forum will be closed!

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Because this forum has been inactive for more than one month, it will be closed shortly. The messages will be moved to the English or German Total Commander forum.
Last edited by ghisler(Author) on 2003-08-24, 08:59 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

:) Ok - but I do think it's a shame; I think as PocketPC's will become more ordinary, the traffic on this forum will grow too. And I think it's better to keep it separate to avoid the confusion of someone answering about the wrong program.

:mrgreen: Maybe the reason for the silence is, that we're breathlessly awaiting just a hint about the wonderful Lister for PocketPC. Boy would I like to see that. Or maybe just a way to define separate viewers for certain filetypes.

Anyway, it's a great program - that must show on the download statistics, at least!
jcmcgowan

Post by *jcmcgowan »

Really sorry to hear this!! :cry:

I just started using TC for PPC. Well, hope I can read all these posts before you wipe them!

Looks like a great product!
Jim McGowan
---
Dell Axim X5 Advanced
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, perhaps I should make a poll? I thought that there was no interest in the PocketPC version because there was no traffic in this forum.
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Good idea. That way, you can see if there's really traffic in here.

And maybe a new-features-ideas for the next PTC?

I'd still love to see Lister - or the possibility to associate certain filetypes to another viewer; my tiny toolbar is becoming cluttered with exe-viewer, simlpe txt/htmleditor, PHMregedit, calc and softreset. :D

I also think you'll find quite a few Palm users surfing thru here to find a version for their device; maybe you should make those links you have a sticky?
Herb

Post by *Herb »

I'd like to see this forum kept up as well, as it might be tricky to detect them PocketPC related stuff in the crowd of the other threads, even if there is not much traffic here :)

I'd another request for the proggy.
Within the properties function of a file/directory I'm missing badly a function to transmit via IR. Have to switch to Explorer for that.

Other than that the lister function would be also really cool.

Keep up the good work :)
I'd say more, if I could reach the keyboard from the floor
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Within the properties function of a file/directory I'm missing badly a function to transmit via IR. Have to switch to Explorer for that.
This function will be in Total Commander 1.2, which is currently in beta test. I'm desperately looking for people to test this function, so if you want to participate in the beta test, please contact me at beta(at)ghisler.com, and describe between what devices you want to send via IR. I can test myself the following:
- Windows CE <-> Windows 2000
- Windows CE <-> PalmOS 5.0
Herb

Post by *Herb »

Sorry for beeing late on this:(

Me and the spouse have each an Axim with PPC2002. At work I can do IR exchanges also with WinCE and Win98/XPpro notebooks. All of them systems are german language based.

I know already that IR transfers downwards from PPC2002 -> WinCE fail very often, while upwards there is no problem.
I'd say more, if I could reach the keyboard from the floor
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please contact me by e-mail if you want to try Total Comander/CE's internal send/receive functions - I'm making progress every day!
Albegor

Italian translation

Post by *Albegor »

Please don't close this forum!
I'm a long time fan since Windows Commander times :wink: and I've just linked Total Commander CE as a recommended Pocket PC application in my website, which is getting a lot of traffic recently :)
I hope that can help in making people know of its existence.
I'm not an expert of the many file managers for the Pocket PC, but TC CE has definitely some excellent features!
Also I volunteer to translate the program in Italian.

Davide
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! An Italian translation will be available in the next version 1.2.