Directory hotlist access & shortcut creation

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

eso

Directory hotlist access & shortcut creation

Post by *eso »

First of all, thanks for this really great Pocket PC tool. I don't have any severe problems, just a question: ist there any kind of shortcut to access the directory hotlist (not the history) instead of going through the view menu? If not, would it be possible to put an icon for it on the second button bar (or alternatively use something like tap and hold on the folder icon or on the history list)?

A button or context menu entry would be nice too for the "Create shortcut" function which currently is in a submenu of the file menu. Also it would be good if TC could remove the extension when creating the shortcut. Currently it creates a name like "myprogram.exe.lnk" where "myprogram.lnk" would be more appropriate in my opinion.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

ist there any kind of shortcut to access the directory hotlist
Yes, Ctrl+D, as documented in the help!
A button or context menu entry would be nice too for the "Create shortcut" function which currently is in a submenu of the file menu.
Create a button by dragging a file to the button bar, then hol down the pen on the button to modify it. Change the command to the following numeric value: 40027

The values for other commands are documented in the help!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
eso

Post by *eso »

Thanks for the information - I didn't know that there is a help file, but now I tried Ctrl-H and found it (is there any other way to access it? I couldn't find it in the menus).

I'm using a Pocket PC (should have mentioned that), so using Ctrl-D wouldn't help me much. But I found the corresponding code (40021) in the help and created me a button for that function too. That's all I wanted :)

BTW, the freeware PHM powertoys (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/) includes a PHMShell32.dll that contains several icons similar to the Windows shell32.dll that can be used for custom TotalCommander buttons on Pocket PC.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for the information - I didn't know that there is a help file, but now I tried Ctrl-H and found it (is there any other way to access it? I couldn't find it in the menus).
Yes, there is an item "Help" in the START menu of the PocketPC: It always starts the help of the currently running application! I thought that this is common knowledge, so I didn't even think about adding a help entry in TC's own menu too...

Btw, Ctrl+D also works with the virtual keyboard on the PocketPC.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com