Button bar commands

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Button bar commands

Post by *Gerry Busch »

Please ignore the previous version of this post, which I'm editing at the moment. I found the command list after all.

I'm using a Jornada 565, and my on-screen keyboard doesn't allow for CTRL+Shift+4, as the number keys are not available when the shift key is pressed. In an effort to create a button that would open a new file in Total Commander/CE's internal editor, instead of opening whatever file happens to be highlighted at the time, I tried the list of numeric commands in the help file. "Edit" is 40008, but I can't find "edit new file".

Up 'til now I've been pointing to a folder icon whenever I want the editor to open on a blank screen. Which folder doesn't seem to matter much, because the editor defaults to My Documents (either in main memory or the storage card) when saving the new file. Is there a more convenient way of accomplishing the same thing?

Gerry
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try tap&hold on the edit button, this should open a menu which allows to choose 'new file'. Unfortunately, tap&hold on buttons doesn't seem to work on all devices.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Re: Button bar commands

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Try tap&hold on the edit button, this should open a menu which allows to choose 'new file'. Unfortunately, tap&hold on buttons doesn't seem to work on all devices.
It certainly works on this HP Jornada 565! Thanks for the tip!

Gerry