TC Pocket 2 install taking forever???

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

404NotFound

TC Pocket 2 install taking forever???

Post by *404NotFound »

I tried installing TC Pocket 2 on my T-Mobile MDA Vario, running WM5. It is now 30 minutes after I started the install, and the "hourglass" is still spinning. Should it take this long? :?
404NotFound

Post by *404NotFound »

Also my MDA absolutely *crawls* - it has taken a BIG performance hit, and my desktop is no longer displayed on startup.
404NotFound

Post by *404NotFound »

I don't know what TC2 did to my MDA, but even after uninstalling it my MDA crawls, and my screens are messed up!!! >:(
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Did you install proper version of the software? I mean ARM/MIPS/Smartphone versions.
Did you try the latest version (TC2.5 beta3)?

Try to hard reset your device.
404NotFound

Post by *404NotFound »

Yes, yes, and believe me, I tried both soft and hard resets, without any success. It seems TC has corrupted or otherwise screwed with the graphics drivers for my MDA - screen redraws take ages, apps take an eternity to start, everything has slowed down. It is operating like I have 20 apps running so there's big memory problems. I'm going to have ro reflash my ROM with the original T-Mobile install, which is needless to say a pain in the ass
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC Pocket does NOT modify any drivers or system files! It must have been a coincidence, did you change anything else just before installing TC Pocket?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com