Shortcut and .exe icons disappear...

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NNH

Shortcut and .exe icons disappear...

Post by *NNH »

Total Commander CE 1.21 don't wanna show me shortcut and .exe files icons. All other files which have assotiation (.htm, .zip for example) looking normaly. I try to uninstall TC, cleaning registry and install TC again, but it don't solve this problem... Does anybody have solution for this trouble?
emfung

Post by *emfung »

I experience the same problem. That means, it's a bug in this new version. It doesn't happen to the old version.

I have emailed ghisler.com concerning the problem a week ago, but I haven't get any response.

I prefer if TotalCommander use the Pocket PC standard icons rather that their own simpler icons.
NNH

Post by *NNH »

emfung wrote:I experience the same problem. That means, it's a bug in this new version. It doesn't happen to the old version.
Thanks! I just install old version of TC (1.2) and this bug dissapear!...
Gerry Busch

Icon display

Post by *Gerry Busch »

:shock: That's odd, because I've been using version 1.21, and all the icons, including the ones for .exe and .lnk files, are exactly as they appear in PocketPC's File Explorer. Maybe the program runs differently on a different processor. What processor and OS are you using? I have the HP Jornada 565 with the ARM processor, running PocketPC 2002.

Gerry
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It seems to be a problem with PocketPC 2003. I will try to find a solution.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I think that I have found and fixed the problem! Please re-download Total Commander/CE 1.21.

The problem was introduced just recently (October 27) when I recompiled and re-packaged the PocketPC version of TC/CE, because PocketPC 2003 complained that the program was outdated. By mistake, I rcompiled the source of a beta version instead of the source of TC/CE 1.21 - sorry! I have now put in place the original source, so I continue to call it 1.21.

You will recognize the new installer because it says 1.21 and not 1.2 as the previous installer (yes, the installer for 1.21 said 1.2 by mistake).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
NNH

Post by *NNH »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I think that I have found and fixed the problem! Please re-download Total Commander/CE 1.21.

The problem was introduced just recently (October 27) when I recompiled and re-packaged the PocketPC version of TC/CE, because PocketPC 2003 complained that the program was outdated. By mistake, I rcompiled the source of a beta version instead of the source of TC/CE 1.21 - sorry! I have now put in place the original source, so I continue to call it 1.21.

You will recognize the new installer because it says 1.21 and not 1.2 as the previous installer (yes, the installer for 1.21 said 1.2 by mistake).
Now it's working fine! :D
Thanx a lot for this amazing program!