Re: TC Pocket 2.52b1

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Re: TC Pocket 2.52b1

Post by *Gerry Busch »

So far everything works OK, but I have a question: By the hardware buttons for left/right menu, are you referring to the two on-screen buttons that show up in WM5 on the Today screen and some other programs? I've seen them in TC's dialogues, such as the ones for settings and FTP, but not in the text editor, as indicated in the change log.

A comment about using '.' to switch panes: It works fine, but affects another use of the dot. When I browse HKCR in the registry, I often use it to navigate quickly to a file extension. Typing '.m', for example, takes me to the first extension starting with m, .MID in my case. The '.' is no longer active for that purpose, however. Not a big problem, but I thought I should let you know.

I tried connecting to ghisler.ch using SSL. The process worked, and the server fingerprint matched, but I got an error message that the port command failed. My IP address wasn't accepted; that's understandable, as it was only a test under an anonymous user name.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

hardware buttons
No, I'm refering to real hardware buttons just below these software on-screen buttons, which activate these on-screen buttons. The advantage is that you don't make the screen dirty. Here an example of such a device, the Treo 750v:
http://www.itreviews.co.uk/graphics/normal/hardware/h1059.jpg

The Dell Axim x51v does NOT have these buttons.
A comment about using '.' to switch panes
Yes, this is of course a an "either-or" situation. Any suggestions?

SSL
Apparently you are behind some kind of firewall. Try using passive mode, it's more firewall-friendly. The checkbox is near the bottom of the ftp connect dialog, so you may have to scroll down.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:hardware buttons

No, I'm refering to real hardware buttons just below these software on-screen buttons, which activate these on-screen buttons. The advantage is that you don't make the screen dirty.
I see. Well, I never use my fingers on the screen, anyway, as even the so-called finger-friendly apps have their buttons too close together for me.
A comment about using '.' to switch panes

Yes, this is of course a an "either-or" situation. Any suggestions?
Well, the character used would need to be accessible on any device, and rarely, if ever, used in file names, so it's a difficult choice. Perhaps '/' or '?' would work. I have a tab key, but usually switch between panes by pointing with the stylus.
SSL

Apparently you are behind some kind of firewall. Try using passive mode, it's more firewall-friendly. The checkbox is near the bottom of the ftp connect dialog, so you may have to scroll down.
Thanks, passive mode worked perfectly. The checkbox is well above the bottom of the screen on this device; I had simply forgotten to use it.