wrong properties?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

imagelimit

wrong properties?

Post by *imagelimit »

I've downloated TC just a few days ago. Great program!
One minor problem though: If I get into a directory with a few files in it and point and hold on the LAST file in the list, then chose properties from the pop-up menu, the properties of the FIRST file in the list dispalyed, rather than the LAST one.

This happens only right after I change a directory. If I do a few other things in this directory before pointing and holding on the last file, then everything is correct.
I use WM2003 on iPAQ1930, if this matters.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have tried to reproduce this problem, but clouldn't. Are you sure that the last item has been selected? When I tap+hold just BELOW the last item, the first item will stay selected, and its property sheet will be shown.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
imagelimit

Post by *imagelimit »

Wow, what a response time! Honestly, I did not expect any answer before Monday.

As we talk I'm trying this again and... you are right, it's not that easy to reproduce.
One has to meet a few more conditions to see this happen.
The main condition is that one has to get into directory through the pop-down list of the recently visited directories. Then and only then this happens.
Hope you can reproduce it now.

Many thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No I can't. :(

Are you sure that you tap+hold on the file name? It's not sufficient to tap on the size or date, this will not select the file. And if you do: is the file name selected when the menu shows up?
imagelimit

Post by *imagelimit »

Yes, I'm taping on the file name directly. Yes, it becomes highlighted and a menu pops up with different options.
If I tap below the file name the only option is to receive IR data there.
I also soft reseted my iPAQ and the problem still persists. Actually, the first thing after the reset I opened TC, tapped and hold on the last file in the directory and properties were from the wrong first file. More than that, right after that I went to the root "\" directory by tapping "\" sign, and tapped and hold the last file there - perf.txt in my case. But properties came out from "Application Data" which is a first directory in my root. Then I tapped a file before the last one and again properties were from "Application Data". Then I tapped a third file from the end - it worked ok. Starting from this point every tap worked like it should.
Another thing that my directories are short - most of them less than one full screen. So I dont scroll down to the end. Can be this be the difference between us?
I tried both main memory and SD card and both give the same artifact.

Thanks.
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

I just reproduced this problem by switching to the root folder on my Jornada 565. Instead of the last entry, I got the properties of the first one, which happens to be one of the subfolders, rather than a file. When this happened, I noticed that the first entry was still highlighted for a split second after I had tapped and held the last entry; in other words, there was a delay in changing the selection. Perhaps this is why TC interpreted the request incorrectly. The second time I tried to reproduce this behavior, I couldn't do it.

Gerry
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, very odd - it must be PocketPC-specific since it doesn't happen with my device. I will try with the PocketPC emulator.