TC hangs when accessing SD Card

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

GabiT

TC hangs when accessing SD Card

Post by *GabiT »

I got a new Medion/Yakumo Pocket PC with with MS PocektPC 2003 on an Intel PXA255. I have an extra SD-Card From Kingston 256 MB.
TC is the program I use THE MOST on my desktop every day. So I was happy to see there is a version for PocketPC. OK there are limitations due to the small screen, but at least you have the two window option.

First thing with my new SDCard was to copy some files with the Commander from main memory to the SDCard. The amazing pop up was "File exists, overwrite?" If yo click "replace" (Ok I have a german interface so the actual wording may be different) It hangs and does nothing.

Sometimes it will access it, sometimes it hangs. This is also true when copying with the SD as source. Like I read in other postings also here other programs still work. It just seems that the SDCard is blocked. Also you cannot kill TC. The active program management tries but fails. Only help is a reset.

The Pocekt File manager seems to have no problems.

I'd very much like to have TC running since it is the one most useful program ever. So I'd like to understand what's going on.

Gabi
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't think that I can do anything in this case. TC/CE does not copy the files itself, it just calls a single function (CopyFile). Maybe you just didn't wait long enough? CopyFile does not provide a per file progress bar, so you can only interrupt the copying between two files.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Could this have something to do with that copy command using the main memory for temporary storage during copy/move? I've had problems moving files from the Windows folder too, althou mine's a PPC2002. Additionally I've had problems moving files 32MB+ to the SD-card either by means of PTC and a networking program, or by using TC w/ PPC plugin. Luckily I have a cardreader for my PC (which is also MUCH faster than per USB via PPC).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, maybe - I don't know how CopyFile is implemented internally by Microsoft. But I haven't heared of any such limitation...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com