Error changing Dir with CF card

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dlustig

Error changing Dir with CF card

Post by *dlustig »

I am new to using Pocket PCs. I have a Dell Axim and I am trying to see the contents of my CF card. I can see into the root directory but cannot change into any of the sub dirs. I get an error, "Error 13 changing to dir!" I am using TC/CE v1.21.

Help!

Dave
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try putting at least one file on the CF card. If the card is empty, you may not be able to access it with Total Commander/CE.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dlustig

Post by *dlustig »

Actually, I have an outdoor camera that is putting pics (jpeg) on the CF card. So there are already files on the card. If I put the pics in the root directory, I can view them. However, if I put any of the pics into any of the subdirs I cannot even access that dir. Do you know what that error message is that I am getting?

Dave
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It means "The data is invalid." according to the documentation. Can you access the directory with pocket Explorer?
dlustig

Post by *dlustig »

No...I tried using the explorer first and then I turned on to TC. The only way I can access the card properly is using the a card reader connected to a pc. Then there is no problem. But as soon as I put the card back into my pocket pc, I cannot see the sub dirs.

Just makes no sense to me.

Dave
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Do the subdirs contain any special characters, accents or so?
2. Can you create new subdirs with Totalcmd Pocket? If yes, do they appear in Total Commander too, or only on the PC?
dlustig

Post by *dlustig »

1. There are no special characters in the dir.

2. If I create a directory in the root I can navigate into it and create sub dirs in there. I can also move files from the root into these subs and view the files. I can do all of this as long as I am creating the subs with TC pocket. But as soon as I try to read something in a dir that is on the CF card that was created by the camera, then I cannot read it.

Do you think that maybe there is some special attributes or something associated with these dirs? If so, how can I check it? Remember, I do not have any problem reading these dirs with my PC using just windows explorer. (I do not have TC running on my PC)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Is that camera a Canon by any chance?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2dlustig
Please check on the PC whether the dir has any special attributes (via Alt+Enter on the dir). If yes, try to set the 'archive' attribute and no others.

What you also could try: Transfer all files to your PC, delete the dirs, then recreate them on the PC (or if this doesn't help, on the PocketPC) and then transfer the files back. The camera should then continue to use the dirs.