Icon files. Where to find some?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jerez

Icon files. Where to find some?

Post by *Jerez »

I have added several commands to the pop up bar and I am running out meaningful icon files :cry: . I have taken the icons from programs in the Windows directory. Would anyone know or programs or a file (& location...) with a large collection of icons?

Thanks...

Jerez
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Jerez.

Philippe Majerus offers a package named "PHM Plus! for Pocket PC", dated Oct. 21, 2004. One part of this Plus! package is named "PHMShell32.dll icons library".
You can find it here.
"PHMShell32.dll icons library" itself does nothing, but it holds a number of useful icons. - In order to keep the filesize small, I must admit, only a limited number of icons.
Personally, I did not install the complete package, but I simply extracted the file "PHMShell32.dll" from the installation CAB-file, copied it to my PDA and use its icons.
If you want to give it a try, then have a look at the icon index file , because you will need to know the index number of each icon, in order to use it.

Kind regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
Jerez

Post by *Jerez »

Karl,

Meny thanks for the precise indications; the procedure worked perfectly. I ended up installing the whole program but I might end up keeping only the icon library dll.

Greetings,

Jerez
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Jerez.

Glad to read that my advice was helpful.

If you would like to keep only the icon library file, you could do this:
  • + make a backup copy of the file "PHMShell32.dll", e.g. as "PHMShell32.dll.bak"
    + uninstall the complete software package "PHM Plus! for Pocket PC"
    + rename the backup copy "PHMShell32.dll.bak" to "PHMShell32.dll"
Or if you would like to keep some of the programmes of "PHM Plus!" in addition to "PHMShell32.dll", you might follow the procedure described by P. Majerus himself. "Howto: Selective Uninstall" .
Please be informed that the instruction refers to selectively uninstalling parts of "PHM Pocket PC Powertoys", but the basic procedure should be the same for selectively uninstalling "PHM Plus!", only the filenames will be different.

Kind regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song