Single click start setting...

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jerez

Single click start setting...

Post by *Jerez »

Selecting the “Single click start” in the About dialog causes the following extraneous behavior in TC for PPC (I have an IPAQ 3970):

0. Assume the “Single click start” in the About dialog is on.

1. Assume your settings are either “Two window mode” or “Virtual second window”

2. Select a file (say a Pword file), press and hold such that the context dialog appears and then tap on “Cut to clipboard” (or “Copy to clipboard”).

3. Tap onto the other widow (if in “Two window mode” ) or select the > or < symbols to move to the “Virtual second window”. (Actually it almost does not matter WHERE in the window program you tap.)

The result is that the file opens in its native program (pword in this case), not that the you can move to the other window to then tap and hold to paste in there.

This does not occur when “Single click start” is unselected... Is this actually strange behavior? or is this me?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this problem. I tried both with a real device (WinCE 2.0) and the PocketPC emulator. Can anyone else reproduce this problem? Maybe it matters where you tap+hold?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Jerez

I'll try to convince my daughter

Post by *Jerez »

THnaks for your answer.

No matter where you tap and hold the problem persists. I will try to convince my 13 y old to let me install TC in her AXIM and I will report later...
(john)

Post by *(john) »

I can confirm this on my E-115. Happens just as Jerez described.