Thanks for the update

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

computerhusky

Thanks for the update

Post by *computerhusky »

Hello,
I just discovered the update of TC for Pocket+Handheld PC. I had the previous version on my Psion netBook pro, but now also have a HP hx4700. Great to have my favourite file manager (plus many other goodies!) on both machines now.
Please keep supporting HPC, it's nice to have this extremely useful tool on that platform! FTP, network shares and registry editing are all very useful additions!
Is there a way to get some info about the internal databases (contacts, email, ...) in TC? At least which DBs exist and how big they are? I must admit I have no idea where they are actually stored.
Kind regards
Thomas Gruber
Viele Grüße
Thomas (computerhusky)
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Thanks for the update

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Thomas,
Is there a way to get some info about the internal databases (contacts, email, ...) in TC? At least which DBs exist and how big they are? I must admit I have no idea where they are actually stored.
You might give dbView a try although it is pretty old, dated 2001. You can find it here.
Personally, I use it under Windows 2003 SE for viewing only. I would not risk screwing up my databases by trying to edit them.
The databases are hidden from any filesystem views. So no chance of viewing them from Explorer or TC.

Regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
computerhusky

Post by *computerhusky »

Hello Karl,
that's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
No, I wouldn't want to manupulate my databases with such a program either, but at least I can get an idea where memory is spent (like email - deleted items etc.). And some of the system entries are at least interesting to see.
Kind regards
Viele Grüße
Thomas (computerhusky)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe I will write a database plugin now that there is a plugin interface...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fbg

Re: Thanks for the update

Post by *fbg »

computerhusky wrote:...
Please keep supporting HPC, it's nice to have this extremely useful tool on that platform! ...
Kind regards
Thomas Gruber
@ghisler:

I agree, please keep supporting Pocket PC!
As this filemanager searches my CF card as well as any place on my hp ipaq 4700 (OS: Windows Mobile 2003 SE), and supports the high resolution ( VGA ) better than most programs I know, I find it very useful! I use to carry around a large number of documents - like pdf or ppt - with rather long file names. The search with multiple wildcards in the file name ( like " *m??ller*.p?? " ) as well as the search inside of the documents with the function " contains text " works well :!:
I downloaded and tested the german version today.

Thank You very much for Your work!

Best wishes! :D
FBG
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
FBG