discovered some bugs / where are icons of editor? / thanks

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

janss

discovered some bugs / where are icons of editor? / thanks

Post by *janss »

Hi,
first thanks for providing this great tool for free. I discovered some bugs:
1. In two window mode renaming a file in the lower window is impossible, because it will be covered by the onscreen keyboard
2. In two window mode you must click more than once to change the focus between the upper and the lower window. Because of this wrong files can be deleted, e.g. mark three files in the lower window, then tap&hold on a file in the upper window and select delete, cecmd will ask "do you want to delete the 3 selected files/dirs?" (from the lower window) although user wants to delete just one file (in upper window). This is annoying if only one file is marked in both windows.
3.Some registryvalues (e.g. REG_DWORD decimal) cannot be modified or deleted (e.g. install ball's clues 1.0 (www.pdautilities.com) and try to access values in \\\registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apps\Shared. Also, when trying to delete the whole folder \\\registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apps\Shared, cecmd will say "could not delete 3 file(s)" although in fact they were deleted.)
4.When unzipping a file inside a folder inside a .zip-file, cecmd will not unzip it to the choe folder but to a subfolder named like the folder inside the .zip-file. E.g.: make folder test1, make file test2.txt inside test1, zip test1 to test1.zip, move test1.zip to \Slot2\TMP, go to \Slot2\TMP, open test1.zip, tap&hold on test2.txt inside, click unzip, unzip to \Temp => test2.txt was not unzipped to \Temp\test2.txt but to \Temp\test1\test2.txt. Because of this in some cases it is impossible to unzip a file to a directory (if folder exists already, cecmd pops up error message then).
5. Onscreen keyboard sometimes covers tree. E.g. open zipfile from 4., tap&hold on test1 inside zipfile, choose unzip, then tap on "tree" => tree is covered partially by onscreen-keyboard.

Finally I have a question: Where are the icons of the built-in editor? I created my own buttons for copy/paste/cut in the buttonbar and would like to use the copy/paste/cut-icons from cecmd's editor, but how to perform this? I set iconfile= cecemd.exe, but which value do I have to set to index? I also looked at cecmd.exe with s-k-tools Peinfo, but didn't find the icons of cecmd's built-in editor.

I hope this doesn't sound as if I want to complain about something, I don't want to use my PocketPC without cecmd anymore. Maybe some of this bugs are features or because of my old Ipaq 3630 with old PocketPC 2002, and I don't think they are critical. Just to help to improve cecmd. Thanks again for this great program!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. Sorry, I have no solution, rename it in the upper window.
2. I don't understand, a single click should be sufficient?
3. Can anyone reproduce this? I don't have a PocketPC, and this tool isn't available for my device.
4. Indeed the internal unzipper can only unzip with full path at this time, sorry.
5. That's strange, it should be auto-hidden. I will check that.

The buttons are not icons, they are a bitmap. You need a resource editor to extract them.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
janss

Post by *janss »

Hi,
1. Ok, just wanted to report this, I personally prefer single window mode anyhow
2. On my old Ipaq it's the way I described, 100% reproducible.
Also, after I tap&hold a file and select copy (or copy) to clipboard, in the very next tap on the screen there is no reaction in cecmd. I always have to tap twice after putting something into clipboard. In very few cases in the first tap the file I put into clipboard is opened with it's default appilcation instead of nothing happening. Doesn't affect me personally, either, because I use single window mode and don't need clipboard
4. But cecmd 1.21 did not include full path when extracting (I just tested it)! So I thought the behaviour I described was not intended, because cecmd 1.21 behaves like the desktop version and 2.0 doesn't
5. I've seen this behaviour in other programs sometimes, too. But for me in cecmd this happens always. Maybe it's an OS issue? I use cecmd 2.0 on ipaq 3630 with PPC2002 3.0.11171 Build 11178

I created my own .dll containing my icons, just if it would have been possible to use the built-in icons I'd have preferred them.

As I wrote already, all this doesn't disturb me personally very much, and I don't expect any support for this very old PPC2002. Just wanted to report this. Maybe I've been doing to much software-testing, sorry :-). Thanks again for providing cecmd for free!!