Viewer/notepad associations?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

(john)

Viewer/notepad associations?

Post by *(john) »

- I can lock up my E-115 on demand using the viewer to open a .zip file.
- No tooltip for viewer (notebook icon)

FYI: E-115 == CE 3.0 (Pocket PC 2000) w/ SP (LOL) 1

Another minor, about says "CE" confusicated me, thought I installed the CE 2.1x version..
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can lock up my E-115 on demand using the viewer to open a .zip file.
Total Commander/CE does not include any viewer. Do you mean the built-in editor, or an external viewer? You can configure a different viewer by holding down the pen on the viewer icon.
Another minor, about says "CE" confusicated me, thought I installed the CE 2.1x version..
Indeed you need to use the Pocketpc version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
(john)

Post by *(john) »

Well my terminology may be incorrect but.. There is this little icon that looks like "notepad" just right of "Show" and just left of "Copy/Move" - which as I mentioned, has no tool-tip, and will lock the E115 up tight if I tap it when a .zip file is selected in the file list.

I uninstalled and reinstalled just for kicks. As mentioned, it's a little confusing with the About/Settings showing "cecmd" as the window title and "Total Commander/CE" with the pocketpc compilation. Not a big deal, just confused me since there is no reference to pocketpc or at least CE 3.0 (2000) anywhere I can see. I do in fact have whatever is installed when tcmdpocket.exe is run. ;) ... I assume the correct compilation(s) are in the distribution installer package?