WCX: Blat Mailer plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

MaxxSoft wrote:when in path or in file name exists "," then message is sending without attachment
Vs. 1.2.12.3 should finally fix this problem
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
HBB

Post by *HBB »

To tbeu

Thanks for the plugin. It works excellent with "ALT+F5". I have just started to use it, but, probably I will continue to use it with some email notifiers.

I had a question. Since I did not see this topic, unfortunately, I created a new topic in english forum : http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=21630

I think here is the correct location to ask the question :

I have placed a button which parameters is ?%P%S64 as described in the "readme.txt" file. When I drag and drop a file to the button, Blat Mailer sends that file (as attachment) successfully. But, when I select more than one file and drag & drop them onto the button, the first file is only sent as attachment...

But, in the windows explorer, when I select more than one file and copy them to clipboard, and then I paste them onto the directly "blat.exe", blat.exe successfully send all selected files (as attachment)!...

I understand that blat.exe is able to accept multi files while drag & drop procedure. I did not understand what is wrong in parameter definition of button (?%P%S64 ).

Dou you have an idea?

Thanks
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

First of all, you can delete the other post as long as no one answered.

OK, I can confirm the behaviour. I did not know that the button (of the button bar) accepts drag'n'drop of files. I seems that the parameter is ignored as also parameter ? is not considered.

I have no idea. Maybe a bug, maybe misuse of drag'n'drop.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
HBB

Post by *HBB »

To tbeu

Firstly thank you for reply. I have deleted the other post.

Accidentally, this behavior became a very nice behavior according to me. When I want to send a mail to someone with attachments : (1) select the attachment files in TC Panel (2) drag and drop them to the button bar in toolbar (3) a window appears to be filled with necessary mail knowledge (4) press send key! That is OK, what a wonderfull world... This plugin is very good.

You said that you did not expect the drag & drop feature for buttons. I hope that you know the behavior of blat.exe to accept drag & drop files. How does blat.exe accepts the command line parameters? with a comma, with a space, with double quota? If you know this, we may ask this to the masters (about toolbar) of the forum. They may help us to show an easy way for toolbar button parameter definitions.

If we can not succeed to solve problem, I will continue to use the plugin by copy-paste operation to directly blat.exe (or to it's shortcut, it works also). But I prefer a button on toolbar...

Thank you again for plugin.
HBB

Post by *HBB »

To tbeu

Sorry I forgot to ask another thing.

I did not succeed to use "-optionfile" syntax in "Extra command" box. Is it possible to use it?

Thanks
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

As far as I figured out if you drag and drop files to a console application only the first file is regarded. Thus, the command line equivalent is "MyApp.exe %FirstFileName%".

I recommend to select the files in the panel and then press the blat button of the button bar. This way (without drag and drop) the complete list of files is handled.

Parameter "-optionfile" is working for me. However, not every parameter of the dialog can be reset by the options file. The extra command is best suited for additional parameters, but not for resetting the standard parameters.
HBB

Post by *HBB »

To tbeu

Thank you very very very much :)

"...I recommend to select the files in the panel and then press the blat button of the button bar. This way (without drag and drop) the complete list of files is handled..." >>> This way is better than drag & drop. Excellent...

As you expected, I had placed some keys such as "-server" into the option file, so, it did not work. I understood...

This is enough for me.
[/quote]
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Blat Mailer plugin 1.2.13.0 released

Post by *tbeu »

Plugin Version 1.2.13.0 is released:
• added 64-bit version for TC 8.0 x86-64
• replaced Blat library 2.6.2 by latest Blat library 2.7.5
• changed directory of blat.ini and blat.log from plugin directory to same directory as the TC initialization file (wincmd.ini)

Download Version 1.2.13.0: ReadMe, Plugin (x86/x86-64)
illusions

Post by *illusions »

Great plugin ! :D

Suggestion :
A dropdown list for SMTP servers would be great when using TC onto portables devices.

Thanks !
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess you do not want just the server name in a dropdown, but the complete server and logon profile?
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Blat Mailer plugin 1.2.14.0 released

Post by *tbeu »

Plugin Version 1.2.14.0 is released:
• added Italian translation
• added: configuration dialog is resizable
• added debug message in case of attachment file I/O error
• fixed access violation in Blat library 2.7.5 if server connection was refused
• removed MPRESS binary compression

Download Version 1.2.14.0: ReadMe, Plugin (x86/x86-64)
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Sugg.: name Theme just "Blat Mailer plugin" (Ver can be seen on Totalcmd.net/ on 1st post)
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Blat Mailer plugin 1.3.0.0 released

Post by *tbeu »

Plugin Version 1.3.0.0 is released:
• added full support of Unicode
• replaced Blat library 2.7.6 by Blat library 3.0.0
• added: Windows 7 taskbar displays progress for utility blat<64>.exe
• fixed progress bar performance
• fixed estimated progress bar percentage
• fixed: enable visual styles for utility blat<64>.exe
• fixed: increased length of recipient to 20480 characters
• fixed: removed size restriction (of 8192 characters) of message body edit control when saving the message body text file (blat.txt)
• changed default mail character set from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
• changed message body text file encoding to UTF-8
• fixed: if (after closing the configuration dialog) the message body text file (blat.txt) was read-only/locked nothing was sent by mail

Download Version 1.3.0.0: ReadMe, Plugin (x86/x86-64)
MaxxSoft

Post by *MaxxSoft »

2tbeu
It's great, that UTF-8 encoding is implemented... But it works with message body and does not work with Subject (if subject contains Russian characters)...
Can you fix this problem?

System: WinXP SP2 x64, TC 7.57a x86, blat plugin x86 1.3

P.S. Thank you
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

2MaxxSoft
Yes, I already noticed this problem. It is due to saving the subject line in blat.ini which is not a Unicode encoded file by default. If you convert blat.ini to Unicode (e.g. in Notepad) the problem should be solved. Otherwise can you please try wcx_blat_1.3.0.1.zip which converts blat.ini from default code page to Unicode. Please make a backup of blat.ini before installing the update of the plugin.