RarInfo content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kajoj1

RarInfo content plugin

Post by *kajoj1 »

Hello

I created new content plugin RarInfo. It allows you to get some information about RAR archives.

There is already content plugin that do the same job (rarcolumns) but it don't provide information about unpacked size, a number of files and ratio. These fields I always missed that's why I decided to write own plugin.
Maybe someone find it useful.

Fields provided by RarInfo:
- Uncompressed size
- Compressed size
- Ratio %
- Total files
- Comment
- Comment present
- Volume attribute
- Lock attribute
- Solid attribute
- Authenticity information present
- Recovery record present
- Password present
- Version to extract
- Host OS

Get it here

PS. Remember that it is beta and may contain bugs.
Last edited by kajoj1 on 2006-05-13, 13:21 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2kajoj1
Can you add support for other types?
Maybe you can do it as it is already done in Archview (support for TC wcx's)...
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@XPEHOPE3KA
Can you add support for other types?
It is not planned, sorry. RarInfo uses Unrar.dll library to get attributes and that’s why it’s limited only to RAR archives. I designed this plugin to be small and dedicated only to RAR files (my favorite format).
Maybe you can do it as it is already done in Archview (support for TC wcx's)...
I think that Archview author should create such multi-archive content plugin. He has already all needed libraries – only thing is to compile them with “content plugins interface”. Such plugin could be great thing, IMHO.
takahaya

"Unrar.dll was not found"

Post by *takahaya »

Great plugin! But...

Get message: "This application has failed to start because Unrar.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

The message appears when I try to set plugin association with "TC Plugins Manager" and when trying to get plugins fields list using "super_wdx" plugin.

I wouldn't care so much because RarInfo.wdx works using TC's configure custom columns. But I can't use RarInfo with super_wdx plugin. I would really like RarInfo to work with super_wdx plugin.

I have tried copying unrar.dll to various locations (same directory as RarInfo plugin, in my local TC directory, etc) but nothing seems to work.

Have you any suggestions what I might be doing wrong? Perhaps a bug?

Thanks in advance for any help!
kajoj1

Post by *kajoj1 »

@takahaya
I'll try to investigate this.

EDIT:

Try to copy unrar.dll to directory where super_wdx plugin is installed or to Windows/System32. In both cases it works for me.

Additionally I found another small problem when using rarinfo in super_wdx. It seems that fields’ names cannot contain % character (e.g. "Ratio %") so I removed them and prepared special version for using with super_wdx. You can download it from my site.
takahaya

Post by *takahaya »

Thanks for the reply. I moved Unrar.dll to the system32 dir and RarInfo installs without complaining about not finding above library.

Downloaded wdx_super-compatible RarInfo and Ratio works in Super. Great!!

Just a suggestion - but maybe you could mention moving the unrar.dll to the system dir in the readme of RarInfo?

Thanks alot anyway.

Post by *69290654 »

Hi:

I found the rarinfo plugin always report "Error accessing file". It seems to happen when I change the Tab, then move my cursor to *.rar files.

Why it happened?

Thanks.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

RarInfo doesn't return (correct) values to Total Commander

Post by *DrShark »

Original topic title "Find Files: search for wdx plugins values fail in subdirs or even at all (after changing Search criterias)" was changed after it was revealed that this is a RarInfo plugin bug

Here on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit if Find Files fails to find some files that match content plugin values that are in subdirs of directory we're seraching, or even fails to find such files at all if to change some Find Files settings.

My exact steps to reproduce it:
0. Store 2 password protected RAR files in
%userprofile%\subdir1\subdir2\
and another 2 also in
%userprofile%\subdir1\subdir2\subdir3\
1. Open Find Files (no matter internal one or in separate process).
2. Set seach criterias:
- General->Search for: *.rar
- General->Search in: %userprofile%\subdir1\subdir2\
- Plugins->"Search in plugins" checked, Plugin|Property|OP|Value:
rarinfo|Password present|=|Yes
3. Press "Start search":
in my case Find Files finds only 2 rar files with password from "subdir2\", but misses files from "subdir3\".
4. Change search criterias, disable Plugins->"Search in plugins" checkbox (so the plugin value won't be used as a search criteria), start search again:
Find Files will correctly find all the *.rar files under %userprofile%\subdir1\subdir2\.
Feed them to listbox.
5. Select all files in panel with search results and start Find files again.
6. Re-check Plugins->"Search in plugins" to search for
Plugin|Property|OP|Value:
rarinfo|Password present|=|Yes
again.
7. Start search, the Find Files correctly finds all 4 existing password-protected RAR files.
8. Change Find Files criterias:
on General tab uncheck "Only search in selected directory/files",
as the path for "Search in:" set %userprofile%\subdir1\subdir2\ again
and start search:
Find files will pretty quickly show "[No files found]" as a result.
You can even change the search location to Drives->Local Harddisks but the result will be the same - [No files found].
Last edited by DrShark on 2021-09-24, 16:33 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Find Files: search for wdx plugins values fail in subdirs or even at all (after changing Search criterias)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't have the rarinfo plugin, so I tried with a few others, but couldn't reproduce the two errors. For example, I set the "read only" attribute to the 4 archives and then used:
tc -> read only = true
or this one
attributes -> read only = true
or this one
shelldetails -> contains -> rar

Could you try to reproduce the error with these too? Maybe it's a bug of rarinfo.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Find Files: search for wdx plugins values fail in subdirs or even at all (after changing Search criterias)

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-08-18, 09:46 UTCMaybe it's a bug of rarinfo.
OK, it might be, and it really looks like a plugin bug. I tested its behavior on Vista (I got laptop with it back to life!) with custom columns, and the issue with this plugin looks very similar to an issue with EML info plugin issue we discussed in 2017, both can be solved if TC would call cm_UnloadPlugins before getting a value of such plugins for EACH next file. The RarInfo plugin, for instance, shows either nothing or "Error accesing file" as a value for *.rar instead of "No" or "Yes" in the "Password present" coulmn until the execution of cm_UnloadPlugins and re-switching to the panel with a plugin value column (e.g. you're in column view with plugin, then execute cm_UnloadPlugins, switch to Full view, then switch back to column view with plugin - only then plugin starts providing correct "No"/"Yes" values for the "Password present" column!).

The videos of issues (from Vista and Windows 7), the archives with plugin distriburions, and my more detailed description of issue with details of suggestion on possible solution are in my today email with the subject:
TC 10: possible rarinfo, misconfigured column bugs

(second part of email describes a separate possible custom columns bug of TC, now reported here, not related to RarInfo but also recorded on same attached video).
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: RarInfo doesn't return (correct) values to Total Commander

Post by *DrShark »

2 moderators

It was confirmed by Christian Ghisler in email that this issue happens because of plugin bug.
Please move the topic to Plugins subforum - I guess it's correct to merge it with RarInfo discussion topic:
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=10646

Also, since in theory it would be possible to workaround rarinfo's bug with a wrapper plugin, I created a separate topic with a request of its creation here: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75372
Hacker

Re: RarInfo content plugin

Post by *Hacker »

Moderator message from: Hacker

Previous four posts merged from thread RarInfo doesn't return (correct) values to Total Commander.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.