Universal Viewer - Lister alternative

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Alextp wrote:Hm. It is required to view DOC/XLS files. (But uLister plugin, with high precedence in options, will work around- u can use any plugins w/o NavPanel).
ok, that works.
Thanks
Dellji

Post by *Dellji »

Alextp wrote:U must *uncheck* opt "Show Navigation panel" in First page of opt dlg.
It calls NavPanel
Thanks,
That worked.

Jim
iana

Post by *iana »

I think there's a bug in Uviewer free 5.6.0, I use portable settings (Viewer.ini and all the other ini's) in the application directory after upgrading from 5.5.0 to 5.6.0 Viewer.exe doesn't use the ini files in it's directory but creates empty ones in %APPDATA%\ATViewer, this is a bit annoying cos the application doesn't use existing settings and it isn't portable anymore.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

2iana
see "What new". Now it uses Portable.ini file to set portable mode. create it in app folder.
iana

Post by *iana »

oops sorry didn't read the chm file and the whats new section on totalcmd.net was empty.
Now it works tanks a lot.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

ListPrint with wrong file name after ListLoadNext was called

Post by *tbeu »

There is a tiny bug in UV 5.7.
1. Load any file by a lister plugin (wlx).
2. Change to the next file in this directory by pressing CTRL+PAGEDOWN. -> ListLoadNext must be called.
3. Print this file by pressing CTRL+P. -> ListPrint is called but second argument FileToPrint is still the file name of the previous file.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

2tbeu
Ill see. Thank.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Fixd. Also 'll fix ListLoadNextW-ListPrintW calling.
markthepig

Feature request "open with external software"

Post by *markthepig »

Hello there.

Great viewer i don't belie i didn't find it until few days ago ( I've been using TC aka WC since version4).
Im using free version atm and when i open (psd, jpeg etc) i will be nice if on right click will have an option to open with external software (ex, gimp or photoshop).
once again, thank you for developing it, it rocks.
Mark
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

You can add toolbar btn to call Gimp/Whatever. See "External tools" option.
markthepig

Post by *markthepig »

Alextp wrote:You can add toolbar btn to call Gimp/Whatever. See "External tools" option.
i found it. Thank you.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Universal Viewer regards for some reason, that any file with the extension .DAT is multimedia file. I don't sure, may be it can be true in some systems, but at my machine .DAT-failes are mostly plain text documents. However when I try open them in Univesal View, it tryes to "play" them as multimedia. The result is obvious.

So there are two questions.

1) How I can assign a default presumed format for .DAT extension (or any other extension as well). I've reviewed all lists in the settings on the tab "File Types" and looked into the file Viewer.ini too, but .DAT is not mention there.

2) If it is not possible to change default view format for these files, how can I switch manually to a proper format when the file is opened in wrong
multimedia format, regarding, that all commands in the main menu "Modes" and number shortcuts are disabled for some reason in multi-media view mode.

Many thanks in advance!
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Update: UVPro. DAT not used as MMedia format.
Last edited by Alextp on 2012-06-05, 15:01 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Sorry, 2Alextp, I don't sure, that understand you explanation... There are too many abbreviations and IT-slang. ;-)
Anyway, I'd rather get to know any solution or work-around instead of explanation of the issue causes.
Thanks in advance!
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

I uploaded fixed UV Pro 6.5.0. It has DAT fixed. It has no option for DAT type.