Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bkant

Post by *bkant »

For what it's worth: I found a nice tool which adds handlers for some multimedia file types to Windows Explorer. That will allow to display content tags of such a file (like artist, track title etc) as additional columns in Windows Explorer. Example: Now I am able to see the content tags of .flac audio files in Windows Explorer.

Using the ShellDetails content plugin http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/shelldetails.html, these columns (or content data fields) are now also available in Total Commander.

The software is called Taglib Property Handler and is available here at Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/taglibhandler/. Works with Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit as well as with TotalCommander 64 bit.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.60 of Mediainfo.dll.

Download: wdx_mediainfo.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Moon

Post by *Moon »

tbeu, I've installed your plugin and it's what I want: press F3 on an MKV to get a brief listing of what's inside. Problem is, when I check several files in short succession it always crashes and I have to restart TC. Any suggestions?

Also, how can I get more info listed about a file? I'd like to see whether subtitle tracks are zlib compressed and header removal compression is off (to make sure the files run on WDTV Live). Thx.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Actually it is neither my nor a lister plugin.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
iana

Post by *iana »

@moon if you're talking about Loopback's wlx plugin it does show info about compressed streams I'm not sure about header removal compression, actually it shows the same info about a file mediainfo lite does.
you can use translate.google.com and post on the Russian forum http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579 you might get a response by the plugin's author (Loopback)
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.61 of Mediainfo.dll.

Download: wdx_mediainfo.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
iana

Post by *iana »

FYI Loopback updated his pascal plugin with a 64bit wdx, he also integrated the lister plugin in the wdx so you might need to add it manually to lister (read the help file)
this is a bit late as the latest version is 0.7.1 from 2012-07-09
too bad he doesn't announce his plugins on the English forum.
here's a link to the Russian forum announcing the new plugin
http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=201
and a link to the plugin
http://total.darkhost.ru/files/beta/wdx_tcmediainfo_071_beta.zip
Moon

Post by *Moon »

tbeu wrote:Actually it is neither my nor a lister plugin.
So let me get this straight, if I don't want an extra column view there's no way to configure your plugin to show succinct info like this

Code: Select all

File            : Testrip.mkv
File size       : 22949.85 MBytes (24.064.657.123 Bytes)
Duration        : 01:42:44.320
Overall bitrate : 31.2 Mbps
Title           : Testrip
File format     : Matroska
Encoded app     : mkvmerge v5.6.0 ('Kenya Kane') built on May 27 2012 16:44:04
Encoded lib     : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0
Video           : 1920x1080 (16:9), Progressive, 23.976 fps, AVC, ~26.8 Mbps, 0.538 bits/pixel
Audio #01       : German, 48.0 KHz, DTS-HD, 8 / 6 ch, 2047 Kbps/1510 Kbps - HRA XXCH
Audio #02       : English, 48.0 KHz, DTS-HD, 8 / 6 ch, 1606 Kbps/1510 Kbps - Lossless
Audio #03       : English, 48.0 KHz, AC3, 2 ch, 192 Kbps - 2/0
Subtitles #01   : German, PGS
Subtitles #02   : German, PGS
Subtitles #03   : German, PGS
Subtitles #04   : English, PGS
Subtitles #05   : English, PGS
when pressing F3? I mean, I'd prefer your tool cause it allows to use a newer mediainfo.dll. Still, I'm hung up on list view and F3.
iana wrote:@moon if you're talking about Loopback's wlx plugin it does show info about compressed streams I'm not sure about header removal compression, actually it shows the same info about a file mediainfo lite does. you can use translate.google.com and post on the Russian forum http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579 you might get a response by the plugin's author (Loopback)
I'm still trying to get the F3 view I get with MKInfoLS, just without the frequent crashes. So who is the coder to ask? Loopback or Starsoft? Sorry :?
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

If you really need a lister plugin you can make use of the CLI version of MediaInfo together with MultiLister WLX.
iana

Post by *iana »

@Moon I'm sorry I really don't understand your problems, there was an issue with mediainfo.dll craching with zero byte files, but that was not a bug and tbeu fixed it in his adopted wdx.
I still use a 32bit system and I use Loopbacks plugins, didn't install the latest because there have been some changes and I need to tweak the xml file to suit my needs, I use the 0.61 of the wdx and the alpha of the wlx and haven't had any crashes, the best thing to do is use translate.google.com and ask Loopback in the Russian forum
http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=255&sid=267ba7cd27a4d8cad9bccee50a79f6a7
iana

Post by *iana »

there is a new MediaInfo wdx out on totalcmd.net
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/MediaInfoWDX.html
but the author compiled it against the debugging dll's if he's reading this please rebuild with /MD or /MT not with /MDD as the debug dll's are not available outside of Visual Studio.

ps:
or as the plugin is GPL please provide the source.

I guess the author read this as there was an update.
but:
The update for the new plugin 0.02 doesn't work too it's asking for missing dll's I have no idea what dll?
why does the mfc need the debugging runtime?
There is something wrong with your configuration as there is no need for a mfc application to ask for MSVCR110D.dll or MSVCP110D.dll and not ask for the mfc110.dll, I have the vc11 mfc!
try and build with the winver set to 0x0501, and set the compiler flag to /MD

You're using VC11 update to service pack 1, maybe it's an XP issue but VC11SP1 supports XP!
iana

Post by *iana »

has anybody managed to get
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/MediaInfoWDX.html
to work?
Is it an XP issue or a bad compilation?
illusions

Post by *illusions »

@iana No luck too !
My system : Win7 Pro SP1 64bits / 8GB
Aks for missing DLL ... no clues about what kind of DLL !!!
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi,

On totalcmd.net there is now also a link to a version with a statically linked MFC. I installed it, but when configuring some custom columns using the plugin, all that was returned were zeroes for audio files, while those are normal MP3, which show normal values with DecMP3 or Anytag plugin. Using TC 8.01 32 bit on Win7 x64.

Regards, EricB
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

EricB wrote:version with a statically linked MFC
Please do not mix up MFC and MSVCR.