Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

damjang

Post by *damjang »

I do this but no way. And I don't have any mediaplayer plugin...
iana

Post by *iana »

Thank you. It work! But how I can set TC to use first this plugin and don't display video with internal lister player?
lister doesn't have an internal player, post the lister section of wincmd.ini you have a media player (mmedia is popular at the moment)
Last edited by iana on 2012-01-22, 01:18 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
reels

Post by *reels »

wlx_mediainfo works, but it is difficult force to call it sometimes, even if it is placed on the first place.
Nice would be also possibility of configuration (size of fonts, text wrap and fields which should be seen - like in wdx version).
But thanks for it anyway.
iana

Post by *iana »

reels wrote:wlx_mediainfo works, but it is difficult force to call it sometimes, even if it is placed on the first place.
Nice would be also possibility of configuration (size of fonts, text wrap and fields which should be seen - like in wdx version).
But thanks for it anyway.
You can try and use TC Plugins manager to tweak wlx_mediainfo, try something like

Code: Select all

MULTIMEDIA & (FORCE | EXT="AVI" | EXT="MPG" | EXT="MPEG"| EXT="MKV" | EXT="MKA" | EXT="MP4" | EXT="M4V" | EXT="M4A" | EXT="AAC" | EXT="MP3" | EXT="FLAC")
you can try and add an extension, note the plugin works with audio/video files but not with images, the same goes for the wdx maybe it's a feature yet to be added.
reels

Post by *reels »

OK, it is much better. Album art would be also fine improvement. And text wrap, because now I can see only beginning of audio comment etc. (in adition too big fonts). Best would be some template witch you could edit.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

iana wrote:Found this by accident while searching google for a mediainfo wdx it's on the Russian forum http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579
Plugins from Loopback are not available for 64bit.
iana wrote:I don't know why the author hasn't posted these plugins on totalcmd.net as he has a few other plugins over there.
Please ask Loopback to also upload his wlx/wdx plugins to totalcmd.net.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
iana

Post by *iana »

As far as I could tell Loopback's plugins are written in Delphi so he probably hasn't switched to Lazarus, I know there are a lot of 64bit users but there are plenty of users running 32bit OS's.
About configuring the wlx_mediainfo there should be a wlxMediaInfo.ini file in it's install directory you can set font properties and supported file formats I got the plugin working with images, the same goes for the wdx there should be a TCMediaInfo.xml file where you can configure the plugin.

The cool thing about mediainfo is that it doesn't support only media files but it has (limited) support (limited) for archives, pe files, swf and Matlab mat files, plus a lot of other (exotic) formats yet to be discovered by me, I should check mediainfo.sf.net
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.53 of Mediainfo.dll.

Download: wdx_mediainfo.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
reels

Post by *reels »

Plugin you can configure in TCMediaInfo.xml, but only type of font and its size. There is a lot of another attributes which would be nice to configure (text wrap, appearance of table etc)!
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Please download again
Video bitrate is fixed
Yes, thanks.
But now bitrate displayed not for all files.
Example: http://multi-up.com/641599
MediaInfo can display video bitrade for file, byt plugin can't.
Video encoded lib settings is very long string (698 characters).
There are some problems to display long strings in plugin or column or TC ?
As far as I could tell Loopback's plugins are written in Delphi so he probably hasn't switched to Lazarus, I know there are a lot of 64bit users but there are plenty of users running 32bit OS's.
Loopback has some troubles with 64-bit plugin - PascalScript component that used in his plugin can't compilate in 64-bit. Developers report this problem, but so far no fix.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

LonerD wrote:MediaInfo can display video bitrade for file, byt plugin can't.
There is no video bit rate of dr27Sample.mkv displayed in Mediainfo. Mediainfo and plugin display general overall bit rate = 1023kBps. Mediainfo displays video nominal bit rate = 1500kBps.
LonerD wrote:There are some problems to display long strings in plugin or column or TC ?
TC can display strings up to 2047 characters in custom columns. Thus if you have small font, panel with=100% and a wide screen display you should be able to see complete string. :wink:
iana

Post by *iana »

Loopback has some troubles with 64-bit plugin - PascalScript component that used in his plugin can't compilate in 64-bit. Developers report this problem, but so far no fix.
According to http://www.remobjects.com/ps.aspx PascalScript compiles fine for Win64 with fpc so it's a Lazaus migration problem, Loopback needs to port his code from Delphi to Lazarus for a 64 build.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.54 of Mediainfo.dll.

iana

Post by *iana »

Recently noticed these two plugins om totalcmd:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/MK_cont.html
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/MK_ls.html
They are Media Info based wdx and wlx plugins, the bad news: there are only 32bit versions and the plugins, they're staticly linked to mediainfo so they're big and can't be updated when a new mediainfo.dll comes out, the good news they're written with visual studio 2010 so a 64bit version is possible, anyway I prefer loopback's Delphi plugin cos you can extend it for more fields by editing TCMediaInfo.xml. I've added a couple of fields that I needed in seconds without the need to recompile the plugin.
btw a big Tanks to tbeu for providing an alternative and keeping that plugin alive.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.56 of Mediainfo.dll.