CBxThumbs : CBxThumbnails(lister) plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

byblo

CBxThumbs : CBxThumbnails(lister) plugin

Post by *byblo »

NEW successor: mthumbs.wlx
byblo wrote: 2021-02-08, 02:50 UTC
Please note that this CBxThumbs plugin is now outdated:

If you currently using it, you can uninstall it since I released a new plugin: mthumbs.wlx that is the continuity and offers additional features:

support JPG, PNG, GIF and TGA + albums support (priority to *cover* *folder* *preview*) + other advanced functions like ADS cache saving, unicode support, ect...

You can find mthumbs.wlx here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73820

Hi all. I've writed a little thumbnails plugin for reading cover preview from *.cbz files.

Picture preview : http://users.skynet.be/fb119101/rlz/cbxthumbs.jpg
Plugin archive : http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/cbxthumbs.html

The readme content :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBxThumbs 0.2b : CBxThumbnails(lister) plugin for total commander (6.5x I guess).

- This plugin is freeware and permit to see thumbnails from *.cbz & *.cbr files.

- What is a cbz file ? cbz file is a zip file which have simply been its extention renamed : *.zip to *.cbz. That kind of archive containing generally pictures, and tend to be viewed as a comic/photo album/ect.. using related software, like the excellent freeware : "CDisplay 1.8"

- Only *.CBZ and *.CBR files are handled and cover matching only *.jpg or *.jpeg filenames inside the archive.

- Matching rule order is space . _ 0-9 a-z(nonsensitive case) For the rest, I dunno yet ;p

- How searching for the cover involved a slow process, try to get the thumbnails database cache activated. (Options->Config->Thumbnails)

- Note : This plugin is readonly, excepted for the temporary file used for the cover picture which is decompressed to c:\cbxthumbs.tmp (deleted each time)

- Know limitation : when a cb(x) containing a non-jpg as cover (png or whatever), the first jpg file is still used, which is a nonsense.

- Plugin compressed using upx v1.24w from : http://upx.sourceforge.net/

- Based on jpegthumbs_src example source code from mr.ghisler : http://ghisler.fileburst.com/lsplugins/jpegthumbs_src.zip

- Based on zip_utils_src sample source code from mr.wischik : http://www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/zip_utils_src.zip

- Based on UnRARDLL source code from mr.roshal : http://files2.rarlab.com/rar/UnRARDLL.exe

- Special thanks to myself, which to make that old dream a reality, staying an entire night screaming (and beating the office) until the plugin worked.

- Quick history
0.1b : first public release.
0.2b : added cbr support (asap!;)), using unral.dll from rarlab.

- enjoy :)

200x - byblo@hotmail.com - http://go.to/byblo (like the phoenix, webpage will rise again) (someday...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by byblo on 2007-08-23, 17:25 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Great!
Plugin compressed using upx v1.24w
why not use 2.01?
Because maybe I'll add later CBR(ar)
please please please please please please
do that asap :)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
byblo

Post by *byblo »

why not use 2.01?
A bad habit. I downloaded the new version but didn't read the changelog yet.
please please please please please please
do that asap :)
I didn't use cbr myself (I mean I convert all my cbr to cbz) but I'll try to add the function ^^u

edit: I guess its done ;)
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

does nothing here

Post by *versalzen »

hi byblo,

i installed cbxthumbs.wlx (0.24b) via tc plugins manager in tc 7.01.

wincmd.ini looks like:

[ListerPlugins]
0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\wlx\cbxthumbs\cbxthumbs.wlx
0_detect=ext="CBZ" | ext="CBR"

its the only lister plugin installed.

if if press f3 on a .cbr or .cbz file (header is rar! or pk, so they're valid archives) nothing happens. neither in quickview.

i.e. opal.cbz file looks like this:

opal001.jpg
opal002.jpg
opal003.jpg
opal004.jpg

xnview or normal tc-lister has no problem with the files in the archive.

so what can be wrong?
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2versalzen
This is a thumbnail plugin. So, as the name says, it will only show something in "Thumbnails" view mode. There is no possibility to use it via F3.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *versalzen »

fenix_productions wrote:2versalzen
This is a thumbnail plugin. So, as the name says, it will only show something in "Thumbnails" view mode. There is no possibility to use it via F3.
oh, thank you. i was irritated, becuse its a lister plugin (wlx)

so now, i have thumbnailview active.
i see those .cbz files and the first picture (maybe the cover) is displayed.
now i see the purpose of this plugin.

anybody here knows if there is a plugin for quickview, which shows *all* the thumbnails in a .cbz file?
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
byblo

Post by *byblo »

versalzen wrote:anybody here knows if there is a plugin for quickview, which shows *all* the thumbnails in a .cbz file?
I don't think. It is in my (far) todo list to add a quickview mode for the cover, but not a thumbnail (but why not? I'll think about it).
iana

Post by *iana »

if the developer is still active can I request a 64bit build, cos total7zip has a preview handler and all cbx previews are broken, the only way to get previews on 64bit tc is use an explorer shell extension and disable tc's internal preview generator (or disable total7zip's lister support).
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Sorry I don't want to work on this plugin for now.

But here are the latest sources, if you want to do it youself :)

cbxthumbs_024b_src.rar : http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/eVAUoHha/file.html
iana

Post by *iana »

tanks byblo I'm not a programmer but I'll give it a try, I'll report back if I'm successful.
iana

Post by *iana »

I tried compiling it I couldn't even make a 32bit wlx as that is a vc6 project and newer visual studio has issues with it, maybe a developer could take a look at the code and provide a 64bit plugin, I do believe vd6 had x64 compiler maybe someone still has vc6 and no code tweaking would be needed.
Dec

Post by *Dec »

Do CBx archives have standard file name of cover image?
byblo

Post by *byblo »

CBx archive are simply rar or zip file renamed. (zip -> cbz rar->cbr)

The plugin just pick the first file that has an image extension (.jpg) inside the archive.
Dec

Post by *Dec »

byblo wrote:CBx archive are simply rar or zip file renamed. (zip -> cbz rar->cbr)
I understand. But is there any standard of file names inside archive?
iana

Post by *iana »

Dec wrote:
byblo wrote:CBx archive are simply rar or zip file renamed. (zip -> cbz rar->cbr)
I understand. But is there any standard of file names inside archive?
no there are no standard names, the image inside can have any name you can think of.