Msi-plus plugin, version 0.6.0.1

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TychoBarfy

Post by *TychoBarfy »

Jojo wrote:Sorry guys for the delay. Please find an updated version here: http://www.volny.cz/bembela/files/download/msi-pluswcx.zip

This should fix the issue with missing _tc folder.
No, it doesn't fix it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I restartet TC after the setup, deleted _tc subfolder in %temp% and the one exe contained in a msi file was extracted with correct size. Looking into %temp% via another tab the folder _tc was created. But now going to another file inside the msi this was only extracted with 0 byte size. _tc folder still exists.
Changing from folder Files\Appdir to Streams extracts a correct file size. Going back to Files\Appdir in the same msi or to Files\Appdir in another msi has a 0 byte file as result again. _tc folder still exists. And so on.
So it seams that the previous version 0.6 allways works with existing _tc folder. But version 0.6.0.1 only sometimes works if _tc folder exists.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@ghisler:
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with filenames, that's the problem (a standard readme.txt can trigger the problem as well). I also haven't found a way to reproduce it securely.

All I know is that it *suddenly happens* inside of archives when pressing F3, it even happens on files that could be extracted flawlessly a second before. Plugins and multimedia are off by the way, the lister is started in text mode here.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

@TychoBarfy

I will need more info about the package...
Would it be possible to give me more details about the MSI and the files extracted with 0 byte size? Contact me via the email from the plug-in's readme.

Thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Beta 2 will no longer delete the _tc folder when closing lister or switching to the next file. Someone posted a filemon log here which showed that the _tc folder was in some "deletion pending" state, so it could neither be deleted nor recreated.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Was this also the cause for the 0-byte files I have reported above or is that a different story?

Icfu
This account is for sale
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

Was this also the cause for the 0-byte files I have reported above or is that a different story?
Yes, when there was no _tc folder a cab wasn't extracted to the temp as you already reported. Now the plugin checks for a missing _tc folder and creates it if it doesn't exist.
When fixing this issue I introduced another bug, which was reported by TychoBarfy. The current zip contains latest version which should fix the issues related to the 0 byte size files.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Thanks, Jojo, but the question was targetted at ghisler. ;)
There is *another* bug with 0-byte-files independant of your plugin which he asked me to reproduce. It would have been better to open another thread for that, sorry.

Your new plugin works as far I can tell till now, thanks for the fix.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

Ah... Ok :)
Thanks for the feedback!
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Plugin don't work if I change my Temp-folder location.
It shows file names and sizes, but extracted files size is 0-bytes :(
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Virtual Files subdirectory is a quite useful one, however it seems that plugin unpacks files from it one-by-one instead of batch unpacking so it increases unpacking time disastrously for large archives (yesterday I unpacked OpenOffice package and it took ~1 hour). It would be great to learn plugin to build list of files to be extracted from cabinets and extract files in a single pass.