FS-Plugin - iPod

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jimmycrackbine

use of plug in

Post by *jimmycrackbine »

once you select titles or atrist etc. under the ipod in network neighboorhood does it take a while to list the songs or is there something wrong with mine?
also i get an error message when i select any of the albums, titles, genres etc. it says "access violation at address 00d2494c. Tead of address 00000000" i dunno?
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

Yes, I recently recieved many emails like this. All of them had used iTunes 4.7; perhaps Apple has hanged something on the iTunesDB. At the time I've written this plugin iTunes wasn't available for Windows.
Since I don't use windows any more this plungin is currently unmaintained. But it seems to be very popular so I would love to see a new maintainer for this open-source (GPL) project.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Since I don't use windows any more
2Jonas
[OT]And you are still reading the forum, wow. Or are you still using TC on Wine?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Kosch

Post by *Kosch »

i updated my ipod on new version too.
itunes v4.7 is here too.
wheeler

Post by *wheeler »

any chance someone will develop this great tool any further?
Proud Total Commander 6 registered user!
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

SanskritFritz wrote:
Since I don't use windows any more
2Jonas
[OT]And you are still reading the forum, wow. Or are you still using TC on Wine?
No, I don't use TC with wine; in my eyes TC with wine is as featureless as the many alpha/beta comanders for Linux out there. Don't get me wrong, TC is a superb windows-tool, but under Linux with wine it's so crippeled down that it realy doesn't make any fun. The underlaying systems are too different...
I'm using Krusader.

I'm still reading this forum for several reasons. One of them is this plugin. Even if I don't maintain the code anymore I don't want to let this project die. I hope to find a new maintainer and for that I'll answer any questions as far as I can.
An other is that I'm a developer of Krusader myself, so I'm very interested in new features and usability-requests for commanders in generel. There are many things like tab-browsing or the unified action-system which we implemented before TC did.
And last but not least there is the exchange between windows and linux which is in my eyes very important. So it is possible to combine files which you splitted in TC with Krusader and vice versa....
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Jonas
I promise, as soon as i switch to Linux, the first tool installed will be Krusader :-) just as TC is on Windows.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

A little bump, just to see whether anyone has done anything towards resurrecting this plugin?

There's no really good alternativ, IMO, for my iPod-stuff... iTunes is horrible, and while foo_pod is a great plugin for foobar, I'd like TC to handle this too :)
license #76904
iElectric

Post by *iElectric »

+1 !
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

I sorta revive this thread again.

I've abandoned the iPod original firmware for the Open Source Rockbox firmware: http://www.rockbox.org/

With this firmware working with music on your iPod (or pretty much any other mp3 player) is just like working with ordinary directories and files! No more need for iTunes, foo_pod, Yamipod, you name it :) Rockbox is also designed to play among others .ogg and other popular file formats not originally supported by your mp3 player

Rockbox is still in development, but I've had nothing but good experiences with it! Highly recommended!
license #76904