FS-Plugin - iPod

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Aborigen

language_ru.lan

Post by *Aborigen »

Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

thx, it's now included in the wfx_ipod_bin-package.

A generel notice for all translators:
The language_*.lan files provide an [info]-section. This is for your information. It has the following keys:
version={the version of the language-file; this is fix and may change with the next wfx_iPod-versions. In this case a new translation is nessesary. For the currend version "4" is needed}
author={your name; the author of this translation. You may add your contact-languages behing, ex: "[ru/en]"}
email={your email-adress (optional)}
http={your website (optional)}
comment={a comment for this translation (optional)}

I recommend to fill out either "email" or "http" so that you can be conteced if an error in the translation is found or a new version needs to be translated.

The [info]-Section isn't read yet (appart from "version"), but I'm planning a confoguration-GUI which will take use of this section.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

Here is a new version
http://www.jonas-baehr.de/forum/wfx_iPod_bin.zip (~180K, only binary & language - for normal users)
http://www.jonas-baehr.de/forum/wfx_iPod_src.zip (~45K, plugin-source - for developpers)
http://www.jonas-baehr.de/forum/wfx_iPod_id3lib.zip (~1.6M, id3lib-source - for developpers)

2003-10-14
add: Changing title, track-nr, etc. is now possible by changing the filename. For parsing it the same format as for displaying is used (Hint: use the multirenametool to set the correct tracknumbers of a whole album)
add: changing the index of a playlist-entry is now possible. (simply set the new index as filename; for playlists '[C]' as filename in the Multirenametool is sufficient)
add: wfx_iPod is now making a backup of the iTunesDB before writing the new one. The backup can be found at "<ipod>:\iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB - wfx_iPod backup"
add: copy vCards (*.vcf) to your iPod
add: delete vCards (*.vcf) from your iPod
Koreus

Post by *Koreus »

Thanks for this plugin, it works great.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

New languagefile
-> language_nl.lan (thx to Jelmer & Nino <jelmervanderlinde at xs4all dot nl>)

the binary-package now contains the following languages: de, en, fr, nl, no, ru
A big thank you to all the translators!

(the above URL's are still valid)
toalster

HD crash used EphPod No Songs in iTunesDB

Post by *toalster »

Ive completely reinstalled my OS, Havent got iTunes.
I used to use EphPod.
I noticed a post saying that Ephpod trashed the iTunes database.
This plugin says no songs in iTunesDB.

Can any1 give some advice, I dont want to use anything that might erase the songs that I have on the ipod.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

Ehpod had made a mistake with writing playlists-info to the iTunesDB (well, in fact I can't say that it was false because there is no official iTuznesDB-docu - but it wrote something other then iTunes itself does.) I figured out what it was and fixed that. If the plugin says that there no songs either my plugin doesn' recognize it because of a unkown fileformat (I've only an old iPod with firmeware 1.3 - do you use 2.x?) or some other program messt up you iTunesDB.

If something isn't working after using my plugin, you can alway restore the backup of the iTunesDB my plugin creates before it writes a new iTunesDB. It's located in the same hidden folder where the iTunesDB is (\iPod_Control\iTunes\)
zp523444

Post by *zp523444 »

can this plugin support the new ipod mini?
thkQ
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

I don't know (I don't have an iPod mini). It should work unless apple changed something in the databese or directory-structure of the ipod.
Koenie

Post by *Koenie »

[iPod]
languagefile=C:\Apps\Totalmd\language_fr.lan
Perhaps a typo, but should'n it be C:\Apps\Totalcmd\ ?
willi1s

File extentions

Post by *willi1s »

I'd just like to say, this plugin rocks... as does Total Commander, I'm not sure I can live without it now, I've not used Windows Explorer for about five years. :lol:

Anyway... Using the iPod plugin, I see all my files as .mp3, but I have a mixture of mp3 and m4a and or course m4p files on my iPod. Is there any way to show the correct file extentions :?:
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

The time I wrote the plugin I only thought of .mp3
Now the plugin is unmaintained (although it's open-source, GPL) because I don't have any windows running anymore. Anyone who wants to take over maintainership is wellcome and can count on my support.

sorry
willi1s

Post by *willi1s »

Fair enough. I've download the source and started to update it to use the latest version of the GTKPod code. I'm not planning to take over ownership of the project, just update it so it'll handle mp3, m4a and wav as per the GTKPod project.

If/when I get it going, I'll post the updated source and binaries.
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

I don't know if the plugin has been updated but Guth (in the french forum) already modified the source code (see last post):
French Topic
TC#88260 -
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

yes, I totaly forgotten it... sorry again. plaase look also at his changes (regarding a bug in the playlist-listing). once this is done I'll update the version on my homepage... (please drop me a line if I'd forgotten again)

thanks a lot (I knew that open-source works :))