FSE-Fast Search Engine plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, sheep, Hacker, Stefan2

Post Reply
User avatar
m^2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: 2006-07-12, 10:02 UTC
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by *m^2 »

VadiMGP wrote:2m^2
What's the problem?
I run 2 different installations. And have absolutely no idea what could be the problem with having more.
You don't understand my point. Problem is not to have several installations.
The problem (in scope of our conversation) is enforce me(!) to use starters. And while I don't use starter I cannot call "good solution" a solution with starter. :) If you use starter you can find solution matching your requirements. I need solution without starter, because I don't like them.
Clear :)
User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

Very nice plugin, thank you :D

Support for Ctrl-B and Thumbnails view
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
m^2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: 2006-07-12, 10:02 UTC
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by *m^2 »

m^2 wrote:
TC wrote:Error, could not load plugin!
H:\TC\bin\..\plugin\wfx\FSE\FSE.wfx
Now it's working. Strange.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 672
Joined: 2003-04-05, 12:11 UTC
Location: Israel

Post by *VadiMGP »

2gbo
Thumbnails view
Come on! What next? Comments? Custom views? Search in search? :lol:
Or may be you intend for TC support of thumbnails in FS-plugins? If so, I also support it.
User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

Or may be you intend for TC support of thumbnails in FS-plugins? If so, I also support it.
Yes it was that :wink:
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
guent peer
Member
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: 2003-02-14, 08:15 UTC

Post by *guent peer »

2VadiMGP
Come on! What next? Comments? Custom views? Search in search?
I don't know what exactly you mean by search in search, but I just found out that it is possible to use the search of TC to do a search in the results provided by your plugin and Locate32. Quite a nice thing! :)

Thanks for your plugin!
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

hej gbo, you got older, got the beard, and got kid in the mean time :D :?:
Habemus majkam!
User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

[OT]
majkinetor ! wrote:hej gbo, you got older, got the beard, and got kid in the mean time :D :?:
Hi Majki,
You should try, it is a great experience :wink:
Some pictures are available here
http://mesphotos.fontismedia.com/nolan/
[/OT]
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

[OT]

Gratz. :D
I wish all 3 of you all the best .

[/OT]
Habemus majkam!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 672
Joined: 2003-04-05, 12:11 UTC
Location: Israel

Post by *VadiMGP »

2gbo
2majkinetor !
I'm already not sure whether this post is OT or not :)

FSE 1.7 is ready. No Ctrl+B, but Branch view available. Use link from first post.
User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

YES, it is a nice improvement, more handy this way, at least for me.

Continue the good work 8)

I got a problem when I try to copy file(s) from WFX plugin to a tmp folder (eg c:\tmp) I got this error message : Error downloading file. Is is a limitation of the plugin or a bug ?
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 672
Joined: 2003-04-05, 12:11 UTC
Location: Israel

Post by *VadiMGP »

Is is a limitation of the plugin or a bug ?
Oh, my god! This is million dollars question! The answer is depend on your philosophy.
In general case, when user want to copy file from FS-plugin there exists two possibilities:
1. Old good FS-plugins. File in such plugin is not real file (like single mail in mail plugin or event in Calendar plugin). In this case, obvious, no one except plugin itself could copy such file.
2. "Virtual Panel" plugins introduced in TC7. File in such plugin represents a real file on disk. Who should copy this file. Should it be done by plugin or by TC? I'm sure - by TC. I'm definitely not going to write copy procedure comparable with TC power (comments, overwrite dialog, BTM, etc, etc, etc). So from my point of view it is not bug but leak in TC.
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

lol :D
Habemus majkam!
User avatar
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2003-07-24, 09:25 UTC
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2VadiMGP
Thanks for the new version!

2gbo
Congratz! Je pense tu est trés hereux!
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
guent peer
Member
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: 2003-02-14, 08:15 UTC

Post by *guent peer »

2VadiMGP

If you click on a particular file of the search result, you get into the directory where the file is located. Unfortunately, the cursor stays at its position and does not mark the particular file in this directory. Is it possible to change this behaviour, so that the cursor jumps and marks the file? Would be great!

Edit: This happens only if the branch view is activated.
Post Reply