DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

christianh wrote:...I just unzipped the dirsize plugin to my desktop but i don't need to keep it there after i configured it in TC? I can delete it?
The best way to install a plugin is to
- start TC
- go the the downloaded plugin-zip
- double-click on it (no unzipping before)
- folllow the install dialogue
- delete the plugin-zip or keep it for later usage

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Pahan

NTFS links ignoring

Post by *Pahan »

I can not understand whether what that option or another plugin to make DirSize ignore ALL NTFS links, that I really saw the occupied volume folders in Custom Columns View

(DirSizeCalc now considers all the folders and NTFSlinks, as well as folders within which links to other folders or drives on the same disc)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Pahan
Use the included tool DirSizeCalcSettings.exe to exclude links.
Pahan

Post by *Pahan »

Lefteous wrote:2Pahan
Use the included tool DirSizeCalcSettings.exe to exclude links.
Thanks, but I wanted it to select "Configure custom colums", that would be considered promptly switch links or not.
I can now create as double plugin then would have another example [= dirsizecalc2.Size]?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Pahan
Thanks, but I wanted it to select "Configure custom colums", that would be considered promptly switch links or not.
I can now create as double plugin then would have another example [= dirsizecalc2.Size]?
No you don't have to duplicate the plugin. Just create a custom field using the settings tool.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

trouble from console application..

Post by *nsp »

I try to use Dirsizecalc.wdx or Dirsizecalc.wdx64 from console applications and got error. But if i use the same code from a window application all is fine. Do you try inside your plugin to get an windows handle...

you can do a test using wdxtest.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

No DirSizeCalc doesn't use any window handles. The DirSizeCalc settings tool does but it's not used by the plugin.

So I really don't know why wdxtest crashes. You have to ask the author of this tool.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Lefteous wrote:No DirSizeCalc doesn't use any window handles. The DirSizeCalc settings tool does but it's not used by the plugin.

So I really don't know why wdxtest crashes. You have to ask the author of this tool.
Found he bug that makes DirSizeCalc not working as others wdx i use... this is due to the initialization when calling ContentSetDefaultParams if the DefaultIniName does not contain full name with path it seems that DirSizeCalc crash..

I will fix in my code.....
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2nsp
Thanks for your feedback. Please also note that DirSizeCalc implements some more functions that
many other plugins don't:

ContentGetDefaultSortOrder
ContentGetSupportedFieldFlags
ContentPluginUnloading
ContentSendStateInformation
ContentStopGetValue
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Within the last weeks I got more and more annoyed by a specific faulty behaviour of the DirSizeCalc plugin.

It's Windows 8.1 64-bit and TC 64-bit.

I'm searching a bunch of subfolders for empty folders.

To be exact, it's Steam workshop content subfolders.

So over some hours while Steam and TC are running all the time, I subscribe to or unsubscribe from different Steam workshop items.

When items are unsubscribed, only the contents of the subfolder are deleted, the folder stays.
I know and I witnessed that Steam is somehow buggy, still after so many years on the stage.

But when I once used the DirSizeCalc plugin to search for empty folders to delete them, it never works again until I restart TC. It seems to have to do with the kind of being locked folders by the running Steam app.

I don't want to restart TC - I don't want to loose the folders history.
Or is there a plugin capable of saving folders history?

Some kind of solution is all what I need.

Regards.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Nasenmann,
I don't want to restart TC - I don't want to loose the folders history.
Configuration - Options - Operation - Save on exit - Directory history?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

Okay, right...

thanks, I "overwatched" that.

But the issue still persists...
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Nasenmann
I can look into it. I'm not even sure it's a problem of DirSizeCalc. Can you give me step by step instructions how to reproduce the problem?
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

When I did a search for folders size of 0 and then TC was open for some time and I started Steam and a Steam game and later I did another search there were no results.

Closing TC and reopening it and a search found results.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Nasenmann
When I did a search for folders size of 0
Interesting. You first wrote about searching for empty folders (e.g. dirsizecalc.empty or dirsizecalc.contains files), now about a search for folders of size 0. This is quite a huge difference as this implemented quite differently. I guess you used the field dirsizecalc.Size, right?

Have you displayed any custom columns using dirsizecalc in addition to the search while having the problem?